Reviews for Anomaly War
Just Correct chapter 18 . 3/4/2013
Nice chapter. I agree with Cy, this feels more like reading a prequel than an actual flashback, though I think it's supposed to be a prequel with the way it's presented. Really interesting to see Mia trying to obliterate all reality. I do think she could have a wee bit more page time to really cement that anguish in. Admittedly, I was laughing at the "garden of blood-soaked spines." So do all possessed Anomalies always talk like a cliche superhero comic villain? Even though these guys are the "pillars" with their powers at peak, it really says something when they're getting toasted by the Alpha Anomaly.

I like that Domino decided against his age to risk his life. He may not have been earliest Anomaly, but he gets to wield the first Affinity Arm, which would be, I guess, mandatory now because of incidents like this. I'm curious what Excalibur can do. The name has a lot going for it so it's definitely going to do some significant work.

Meanwhile... Ace is in bed playing GBA. He has no clue... But just how does he end up with Eclipse, I wonder? Also, I don't like this chauffeur. Watching these things of the past play out is hard, knowing what the outcome is and all. You know, kinda like loosing your attorney's badge. D:
Ynnej chapter 18 . 2/26/2013
Damn ... I kinda wished Mia killed Slade during her fury. (Yes, I know there won't be a story if that was so. But the damn bastard! D:)

The scene of Lee, Hieshi, Amara and Tammy returning to Ace was greatly executed. Poor, neglected Ace. Poor others for not being able to say anything and for being burdened with such a responsibility. And d'aaw ... Tammy and Ace at the end. D'aaw.

Leila was a dancing drunk? Whoa. Didn't expect that. lol

AND LOL, Hieshi. You've been giving him the best one-liners. "... does that mean no one trusts me?" Oh, maaan.

And aaah, so that's how Domino becomes an Anomaly. Much respect to him for going into battle right after his agonising rebirth.

Looking forward to chapter 19!
Cy chapter 18 . 2/25/2013
Wow. What an intense chapter. I believe I've mentioned this before, but reading these chapters about the past feels more like reading a prequel novel rather than a flashback. I also really like seeing past events moving together, like the Scofields and the Lowells about to take the final flight of their lives, and the reason why they died. It's also an interesting feeling watching the eventually extremely powerful gods getting their butts kicked by essentially DNM-X on crack.

I'm really looking forward to reading the next chapter and seeing what Domino and the Excalibur can do. I'm also rather curious about what will happen to George. Perhaps he will be proof of why it's risky for a 30 person to attempt the transformation... I mean, other than the obvious fact that Domino would be dead if he weren't a Flora anomaly.
Ray Kamiya chapter 18 . 2/22/2013
wow man this is getting rather epic
Ynnej chapter 17 . 1/18/2013
D'aaw, Ace is such a sweetie. Such a tragedy that the poor guy gets neglected due to the bad timing of the next phase of the Anomaly project.

I'm quite surprised Hieshi's father would want him to become an Anomaly, though, unless he hadn't heard anything about what happened to Mia - or he was told about the test results in a vaguely successful but convincing way... That sly Slade. Can't wait for him to be brought down. Awaiting for ch 18 to be started. :D
Cy chapter 17 . 1/17/2013
I'm guessing this is one of the big things that caused the rift between Ace, Lee, and Hieshi? Also, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is really looking forward to Matt getting crushed. I'm not expecting him to do something like tearing off Shaendru's head if he annoys him once we get back to present time. Or maybe someone else's head.

It seems to me that there wasn't a whole lot of random in the random selection. Either that or the random generator tended to focus on groups of people who were already connected to other people becoming anomalies. Perhaps there are others who weren't mentioned, but it seems to me that Earnest is the only randomly selected person who isn't associated with people who were volunteered by their families.

I'm also now curious is Ace was selected, but just couldn't make it due to being hospitalized.
YoKozo chapter 17 . 1/16/2013
Those references...

Each group's scenes were enjoyable the way they play out. They're all clearly different things happening at around the same time, then they all end up at a single point, but it was kinda strange that it just skips to when they all gather without some more exposition.

It's astonishing these scientists got away with three humans undergoing alterations and yet no one can really stop them. Ask about ethics all you want, but someone sure has a different definition for what a human being is.

I think I sense where Ace's feel of betrayal is coming from. But it still makes me wonder why his power was reduced dramatically afterward and the rest didn't get limitations. Oh, and I just love that the gang is shooting their eyes at Matt and Seth's in the corner thinking, "I'm going to obliterate you all!" or "I'm going to destroy all reality." Well, not him exactly. The formation of Eclipse will be something to see as well, considering the friendly CIU students who do end up with him, such as Ace himself.
Cy chapter 16 . 12/26/2012
Very nice chapter. I really like how the gods and other highly important people seem so much more human and mortal here than they do in current times.

Matt really is a psychopathic asshole. I really look forward to him getting what's coming to him. You're doing a great job fleshing out the gods and their friends here. They're very enjoyable to read.
Ynnej chapter 16 . 12/25/2012
It's nice to see what Nash is like with people from his generation, and to see what Carol and Scott are like too. Scott continues to be a jerk and Carol does have human feelings after all :D

Seth embarrassingly failing to succeed is pretty funny since he's so powerful now. And Ace is so ... sane and likeable here. Lee's awesome too. I'm really liking this arc; I'm going to miss their old selves when we're back to the current time. :(

Looking forward to the next chapter, and Scott's and Matt's meeting.
YoKozo chapter 16 . 12/23/2012
It's really interesting to see these characters weren't always together. A pair of groups happened to get involved with a peculiar individual, one Matt Booker. Look at it this way, and this one man was the catalyst for bringing these people together. Or maybe it was Harmony. Makes you think that the people you meet online are likely not who they are in real life, eh? Hehehe... Matt's behavior and his hair are so outrageous that it's hard not to put two and two together. Ace doesn't seem as pitiful here, so I'm intrigued to see how he starts going towards a downward spiral in his stint as a fighter.

Didn't expect to hear that Gregory can manipulate anything to his will. That certainly explains the ridiculous AS names and is perhaps the factor in the Anomaly weaponry. "Creator," is right. Something about the consciousness resonates with their fantasy world, almost like a world of dreams. And he somehow stumbles upon this? How lucky. Looking forward to hearing more of the truth about the Anomaly Project and also the relationships of the young crew.
raien19 chapter 16 . 12/21/2012
There's nothing left to say...just pure AWESOME! :) If this would be a real manga turned to anime, I'm sure this would be epic! Having English as your native tongue really is a plus factor. You have your way with the words. :)
Guest chapter 16 . 12/19/2012
Oh wow this is really getting good man
Jealoushit chapter 15 . 12/4/2012
I didn't know a giraffe's urine was that color...

This was a great start to the volume. Everything was familiar due to the characters, but still fresh because of an earlier perspective on their lives before their "natural selection." I can see Sylvia and Harmony have some quirks that paint a picture of them more easily than the present. Hopefully that continues for the rest of the characters, including those generically sounding seat names. I feel certain nicknames were created for such unfortunate things. Papa Scofield and some other connections were interesting additions, which makes everything seem to go full circle now.

I think what surprised me was the creation behind the world. Never mind Scientology, this overlapping of zones is quite a fascinating approach. A little strange, but definitely something I never heard before. More on this news update at 11.

Anyway, it sure didn't take much effort to get Mia to follow along. I'm sure liking Ryan, though. He seems like a good guy. I hope he meets up with Seth soon, but I dunno about that. And then Marissa and Summer come along.
Cy chapter 15 . 12/4/2012
It's been a while, but nicely done. Ryan sure likes to make a fool out of himself. I also liked how it went through several of the people that it sounds like this will be focusing on. It feels more like reading a prequel series rather than a flashback.
Ynnej chapter 15 . 12/4/2012
Gotta love how you finally revealed that Leena once had blonde hair in such a humourous way. Now I'm just dreading the moment when Leah fully realises she's just killed her best friend. D: And who was her source, damnit?! Must be Seth. Cannot believe she believed him. D: That will be revealed inevitably, yes?

Great to see some of the old characters again. Hayley and Gabby, I've missed you so! Gotta agree with Valor on how likeably intense Gabby's and Mia's ... discussions are. Hoho. And it's good to know Evan's dad, and several council members, aren't as cold-hearted as Felicia's dad.
It's also quite interesting to see Seth when he hadn't become an Anomaly yet too. He got tackled down so casually...haha!

Looking forward to the next chapter as always! ...Though not on what will happen. Damn...Mia going out of control. That will be painful. :(
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »