Reviews for A Year Full of Days
Seretei chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I really enjoyed this. Nate's story was more emotional to me than Kellan's because Nate's feelings were clearer to me towards the end. I'm glad that Kellan finally got closure in this story, but I really enjoyed the sexual tension between Nate and Quentin and watching Nate find the strength to go after what he truly wanted. Quentin is ultra-sexy and I give you props for creating such a delicious character.
PinkHart chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
SO, everything about this story... I love. there would be moment where I'd just stop breathing without even realizing it. ya know, until my lungs start jerking inside me, reminding me that, yes, I do need air to continue living and reading the story

theres no many parts that I loved, the Kellan/Nate moment was amazing. the emotion was so raw and there and painful and sweet. Because I missed Kellan too..

BUt my absolute favorite part (the part where I really almost dyed from not breathing)

"They make small talk while they're waiting in line to check Quentin's bag. About what schools Nate might apply to in the fall, since he's decided he doesn't want to work at Platform for the rest of his life. About the rainstorm that's supposed to blow through in the afternoon, and if it'll delay any of Quentin's connecting flights. And the whole while, Nate is thinking hold on to him, hold on to him, this can't actually be ending.

When they're one person away from the counter, Nate's pain trips over itself in his chest, and he takes a sharp breath in while tangling his hand in Quentin's, fierce and strong, until his fingers are actually aching.

Quentin doesn't say anything, or maybe he does, and Nate can't hear it over the thundering of his heart, and they stand that way, hands hidden behind Quentin's bag until they're waved forward. Nate exhales, flexes his numb fingers, and follows Quentin to the counter. Watches as Quentin hands over his ID and passport, collects his tickets from the kiosk and fills out an ID tag for his bag."

like... I didn't know perfect writing existed like that. and I know it probably wasnt a terribly significant part of the story. but... for me.. I could hardly breathe. And the part where Nate is saying dont go in the middle of sex. ah...

Youre such a good writer that Im actually ridiculously jealous. but I say that with love. and not just any kind of love, the greatest kind, one that is creepy and weird :P

Anywho, I (not so surprisingly) surprisingly love this more than Kellan's story (which I didn't think was possible) and for that, I thank you for writing his follow up :)
Dorchise chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I must have been in the right mood to read this because this is the most beautiful story. I loved it so much. It had everything that appealed to me and it was just...ohmygod. God, I don't want to make you like uncomfortable from hearing this praise but honestly, I think this is my favorite story I've read on here. And I've read a lot. Nearly all the slash archive (that I deemed interesting that is). And ohmygod. Just...amazing.

I love that you didn't do the chapters thing. That totally would have just ruined the flow and EMOTION OH GOD. I'm like GAWH. It was amazing. You deserve a pat on the back.

(Hopefully, this reaction will be consistent for later on and not just because I might be pmsing bad...fingers crossed)

But seriously, love it.
Rocky Raccoon chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Fantastic. This story started out so painfully heartbreaking, but ended in such a sweet, positive way. LOVED IT.
talia chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I seriously don't know how to put into words how amazing this story was. I went from despising Nate to thinking he's the most adorable thing in the world and my heart broke a little multiple times throughout the whole thing. Really, this was an amazing read.
yellow1105 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Very nice story and good to know that also Nate made it.
mnemox chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Uggghhhhh so good! Fantastic, everything I wanted in a follow-up. Thank you.
H chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Fantastic. Fabulous. Other adjectives which begin with 'F' and basically mean that this story was bloody awesome. You're a very talented writer. The plot progression seemed natural, the ending was bittersweet and lovely and the character development- hell, the character development was pretty unbelievable. I read Side Effects and hated Nate, and then read this and fell in love with him. I'm never good at ending reviews, so I'll just tell you once more that this story made me very happy.
clover chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
i seriously didn't know about this sequel until i posted an oh-my-gosh-help-me-find-this-fic-i-read-once-and-want-to-read-it-a-hundred-times-more-because-i-need-my-fix-but-i'm-stupid-i-didn't-bookmark-it-and-can't-remember-the-title-because-i-have-poor-memory somewhere and i was celestially grateful that i found 'the side effects of forgetting' and was double - no triple glad to find out there's a sequel and oh my gosh, i am totally in love with this, swept over by how this story takes me on an emotional rollercoaster ride.

i love to hit nate, just as much as i did at 'the side effects', most of the time but i get where he's coming from and you excellently, remarkably, amazingly wrote him in such a realistic wretched state of mind. i'm glad he found quentin and oooh... i wonder how if nate did end up going to england and what happens to him and quentin.

also glad that this story gave a glimpse of what's going on with kellan and will. and grace too.
Vera Dicere chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
I have to say, I just got around to reading this - I read Side Effects a while back (and may or may not have reviewed, I honestly don't remember) and really enjoyed it, but I kept forgetting to come back to this. I'm glad I finally did, because I REALLY fucking loved it. I mostly thought Nate was an asshole, although understandably so at times, so this whole thing was like really getting to know him. And, honestly? This whole story just simmers with the kind of lovely angst I really enjoy. Especially because it comes with a happy ending.

And, just throwing it out there, I would totally be thrilled to read more lovely little snippets of Nate and Quentin (and Kellan and Will, and Grace) in the future...
FullMetalCrayon chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Do..do I have to tell you again how awesome you are? Because you're awesome and and wonderfully spectacular and squee I love the happy endings and oh you reviewed my story and THIS STORY IS SPECTACTULAR AND SO ARE YOU.

-ahem-

You should try to get published professionally someday. You have the skill for it.

With love,

FullMetalCrayon
f chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
So, Im sad. Am I the only one here?

I was still rooting for Nate and Kellan ... guess that says a lot about me but then again I know of course

We can't always get what we want.

And for the record: Even though that broke my heart, you're are great writer. Thank you!

Still, I'm so terribly sad :(
magnanimousSquirrel chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Aw. :)
Dogma chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I didn't much like Nate when I read The Side Effects of Forgetting, for obvious reasons, so I'm really glad you wrote this. Love him now. On the other hand, I didn't have much liking for Kellan while reading this one, which made me feel a bit bad, since I loved him before.

This was like, wow, almost made me cry multiple times. Actually, that's a lie in an attempt to save my dignity-I did cry...but only a little.

Nate's so full of angst it's leaking out of his ears... O.O Not that, considering everything, I'm surprised much, but man, that boy's got some issues.

I really liked how the relationship with his father got better and it all worked out in the end. :)

Quentin's awesome, really patient and understanding and has enough personality to deal with Nate's crap. I loved them together.

I gotta admit, though, I got a bit (a lot) worried towards the end. From the very beggining I was absolutely sure they were gonna live happily ever after, and then what? Quentin's leaving. But then Nate's all "Gimme a week" and I breathed the breath of major relief.

Like most of your writing, this is quite fabulous. Epic one-shot indeed. :DD
Lindsay chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Wow, this was so good. I love how Kellan and Nate's interactions were so raw and real, and that you didn't shy away from portraying deep emotion between them.

Quentin is such a good character, and I was definitely rooting for him and Nate the whole way, haha. You did a good job of writing the progression in their relationship, and it felt very organic, even with all the hot UST.

I loved it (: