Reviews for A Year Full of Days
lost in pale blue chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
This story is absolutely perfect! I was annoyed with Nate all through the previous story, but I just fell in love with him here. He and Quentin were so much fun to watch fall in love. And Nate finally stood up to Kellan which made me want to stand up and cheer for how far he'd come. I'm glad that they got everything sorted out and that he told Kellan about Quentin. I would have hated to see their friendship suffer over Kellan's mistake and Nate's inability to be honest about Quentin.

I'm also greatly relieved that Nate's dad was cool with him being gay. It probably wouldn't have happened that way earlier in the story, but Nate finally got his dad back. He so needed that connection.

Lastly, I was apprehensive about how this was going to end, and it couldn't have been more perfect. Nate needs to go have experiences out in the world and who better to do it with than the man he loves?

SO much love for this story. You don't even know :D
bbbee chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Um. I might have cried while reading the ending. Ehem. Very sweet story, and I'm very fond of Nate!

hugs
SaiSuki 1329 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Loved it~
nffhkasjfnbsdkjb chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Oh the anticipation in this is amazing! And, oh, the phone sex! I really really enjoyed the build up between them- I didn't want to stop reading. I felt the pace slowed after that mid point though, but this is definitely a story I will read again!

Suki
S.H. Marr chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Gah! Can I just say I hate Nate, because he always makes me cry? I didn't even notice the tears until they were already falling this time. He's just so miserable and angsty, and I feel so miserable for him all the time. *cries*

I'm glad he's finally happy.
shiyo3 chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I read Side Effects and loved it.

I was waiting for this story and wow you delivered. You are an awesome writer.

I am so glad Nate got his happy ending. I felt so bad for him in Side Effects, he was so paralyzed by all of his circumstances he was a very heartbreaking character.

But Quentin...ahhhh...I am so glad he exists :) (In your mind, lol).

A wonderful story, thank you!
Ibbit chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
"but [IF] he was going to pick it back up, it'd be now." error! Shame on you. Also, the part where you mentioned Love, Actually.. I had no idea what that was. I got it now, but was very confused.

Your little note at the end? Yeah, about half-way through, same thing happened to me. Such horribly depressing lives we live.

Anyways, about the story. I really liked it. It was really depressing at the beginning cause he was all brooding and stuff. And then it was all shiiiiiit in the middle cause of the smuttiness, then all sappy at the end. You, my friend, know how to write an extremely long one-shot. VERY WELL, might I add. It's interesting, though, that Quentin is a bottom. Will was obviously a bottom but Nate and Quentin both seem like toppers. And I like how you still didn't mention how main character's best friend reacts to main character's huge event/decision. Maybe this was a better ending, but still. *huff* I could definitely see the sparks between these two better than Will and Kellan in the last one. Though this one-shot shows Kellan and Will being all puppy-dog-eyed around each other and addicts, so maybe that's their version of sparks. This story shall get favorited also. This story is so long to read, but beyond worth it. Thank you for writing.

Luck with writings and life and everything.

~ibbit
xfffxfxfx chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
So good. Nate was a bit of a pained loose end from ‘The side effects of forgetting’ and it’s good to see him move on.

You are sincerely one of the preeminent slash writers on FP. This is a work of real sophistication – Nate’s psychology and journey rendered sensitively and subtly. I would say that Quentin is not a very fleshed out character; that he exists mainly for Nate, as an expression of Nate’s ability to move on, in much the same way Will functioned for Kellan in his story. So, in this story, the only really rounded out characters are Nate and Kellan.

About the Kellan/Nate interactions, I almost felt like Nate could’ve sunk deeper into feeling awful about everything. I mean, it would be nice to see him bottom out, before falling for Quentin. The way it is it almost looks like he replaces Kellan with Quentin – but you pull it off well, no need to worry.

I think the story is at its most powerful went it deals with Nate being unable to get over Kellan – maybe this has something to do with the personal troubles you mentioned . I interpret the whole Quentin adventure as being the escape from this hell-on-earth, from a self-denying, self-loathing isolation, to an embracing of other human beings and of life. This reaches its culmination in his impromptu journey at the end, his decision to accept a life of uncertainty as also one of love and fulfillment.
thecrivens chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
well, I love all your stories so far, so it's no surprise that I love this one as well. I almost cried a few times when I read this story because really... poor Nate. he was so lonely and confused and in denial that it hurt. it's lucky that he met Quentin.

I'm also glad that finally Nate realized that he was not in love with Kellan and I kinda understand that they need to close the 'what ifs' if they want to get on with their life.

SO, what is your next project? or, will you move your other projects from 'on hiatus' to work-in-progress? I'd love to read more of your works...
pour bottes chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Such a beautiful match for Nate. I am soooo glad you made this. My heart was aching for him in the prequel.
Round About Parker chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Ugh, this was sooo good. The characters and the pacing and the emotions. This is the first "angsty" thing I've read in a long time that actually got me involved with the story and characters rather than just getting annoyed at them. I'm glad you gave Nate a Quentin. They have some great chemistry. I was kind of wondering after Side Effects what would happen to the guy. The longing and lusting and everything was done so well. Also love that things don't go quite so perfectly for Kellan and Will- led up to a great moment.
tell it to the sky chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
loved this, how Nate matures and accepts himself, and how his new moor healthy relationship with Quentin develops.

one thing though I'm British and i have never met anyone called Quentin!

i love your work and I'm looking forward to whatever you do next.
cisumodnaraehi chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Oh God, so lovely. I seriously don't know how you do it.

And British.

And angst.

And gaaaah.

I'm really surprised I didn't read that in one sitting. I probably would have forgone meals and other such necessary-to-life things, but I resisted.

I do like how you finish entire works before posting them. But at the same time, this and Side Effects were almost as long as Drunk Text. I think you would get more views/reviews if you posted it in chapters, just because it would have more time on the front page. And you deserve more reviews; you are such an amazing author.
Airily chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Aw, Nate was my fav in Kellan's story so I found this very gratifying!
Keona Raynalise chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
You. Are. Amazing.

I absolutely love Side Effects, and this is just as good. You have a way with words, and you made me totally love Nate, when I felt sorry for him in Side Effects, and omg you are amazing. Amazing amazing omg i cant believe this You better never ever stop writing and I will follow you forever. And I love the dialogue! Its great and hilarious and vivid and amazing. Have I told you you're amazing? Because you really are. (And Merlin yeeees.) And I absolutely love every character ever and everyone is so real and holy crap I really love you.

And can I just say that I fell in love too?
97 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »