Reviews for Shadow and Reality
catseyeview chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
I've written so many poems like this that you speak of...using the metaphor of the act to see God. I'm glad you crossed my work so that I saw another writer does this too. Please return to some more of my work. I think you'll find a lot similiarities in our thinking.
Distant Echoes chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
I really liked this. I thought it was very original and that it had a very nice message.
genesys chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
WOW. this is awesome. I love the use of language. It is really profound and meaningful. I am highly impressed
FireSey chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
Wow, fabulous poem! You just have to read it again and again to get the full meaning. Great job, and i look forward to more of your work:)
love the sinnerr chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
I really liked the words you used, and how some were capitalized. Keep writing. .
Angelic Hellraiser chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
WOW! The imagery is amazing!
aridelaine chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
Wow the imagery was wonderful. I likes this poem a lot. I feel the same way. Keep writing!
Museworks chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
Your poem is beautiful. As a fellow Catholic, I especially appreciated the diamond and lake metaphors in the last stanza. The diamond metaphor is apt because our human nature is called to be transformed into the image of Christ, who was more than human: divinity over humanity, just as a diamond is purified and more beautiful than carbon. Just as coal is made into diamonds under intense heat and pressure, holiness often comes through intense purification and trials.

I also liked the lake metaphor because it's true that our actions have a butterfly effect. Everything we do changes the universe, for better or worse. It's the mystery of free will: that our actions are a direct participation in God's plan for humanity.

Keep writing! God bless you!

G.L.
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
das hört sich fast an wie ein Kirchenlied. Auf jeden fall zeigst du mal wieder, wie melodisch die englische Sprache sein kann. Am besten gefallen mir der Phönix und die letzte Zeile mit der Realität hinter der Metapher

Liebe Grüße

Franziska

P.S: du bist ja richtig im Schaffensrausch! Das werde ich alles noch lesen, besonders der 2. Teil des Einhorns macht mich neugierig.
Aurora Borealis - Polar Lights chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Wow, this is an awesome poem! There's a great use of language in it; the pictures are strong and beautiful, I especially like the phoenix and the diamond. All of them, really. It's great how you develop the image of the phoenix, how you make it palpable, tangible.
Ris getuie chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
This has officially become my favourite poem by you -ever-. So much thought went behind this one. Amazing. Love the comparisons and how they just click in almost naturally.

I'm going to link it on my Blogger account if you don't mind.