Reviews for A Forest Adventure
SLPikachu chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
That was a great story! It was really cute with the birds and fawn but it could have used a few more details. But its not a big deal. Thanks for sharing your experience with us :) Ucat42 (hope I spelled that right), if you like Supernatural, you can check out my Supernatural stories on . They're mostly all daughter fics.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
this is a great story! i can totally relate i get lost super easily
taylor.r.politte chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Aww, how scary! I know how it is to get lost in the woods, and how it can be a bit intimidating. But she did so well at handling it. I wish that I could see that many animals when I went walking the trails!
RossBunga chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Bout that mom mum mama...I'd an english teacher back then on secondary school...he's a british, born in scotland...married an american and his children born in my country. He did complaining bout that. Anyway I remember my menengah 2(i.e gred8) told us write a composition when you lost in forest. Use your imaginative! Then I did...which turned really over the top, lets just say I became uhum! female!tarzan (lol) Imaginative indeed. Come on! it was funny. she gave this funny look when she came the next day. btw rossbunga is my twitter name. ross' my name bunga is...was my cat that I..he was died when i was3-4 yo. I saw how and when he breath his last breath. it was in the afternoon, i was taking a nap when i was got this feeling. went down my crib look at Bunga. he look at me then...breath a last...still miss him eventhough my family think i forgot about him.
echoofemptiness chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Being lost is pretty scary. I'm thirty one and I still get scared when I don't know where I am.

Twitter mum to the rescue. She should have a cape :)

Well written story and I liked the inclusion of social media
Chester-Grey chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Oh! I see. Forget what I said in my last review. I just went and read your bio. For a 10/11 year old your writing is good. I think I wrote similarly in the fourth grade. I'm sure your writing will evolve fantastically. Don't ever throw away your stories. No matter how silly they may seem when you're older. Because when you go back and read them you'll be able to see your progress and laugh at yourself. :-) well that's what happened to me anyway. I'm gonna turn 16 in April. :D Don't ever give up writing. It's a wonderful way to help people and brighten their day.
Bye now! :)
Chester-Grey chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I don't know how old you are...you write well enough. The main thing about your stories(from the little that I've read) that irks me is you mostly just tell what happened rather than showing us if that makes sense and you dont have a lot of sentence variation... Again I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing young..?
GabrielaJ chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Loved this story too, but was left wondering... does your caregiver read your stories? :-)
Oh, and I loved the intro and ending by your Twitter mum, what a sweet idea.
Nuvez chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I'm a mom too. My boy is 14n I still don't let him go far without me bc I worry something like this will happen or worse, someone could take him... N what would I do without my boy?
Pls, don't take risks like that, u have a dad that would miss u terribly. I know. I'm a mom n my boy is my kinda my world :)
I'm looking forward to reading the rest of ur stories.
spndean chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
good story had me wanting 2 read more but then it was over.
Sandernei2 chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Stories in collaboration are really difficult to write. Both authors need to keep a clean flow of atmosphere and narrative to help us all with our suspense of disbelief.

You guys have mastered the art of incorporaring tweeter feed! The gaps between them are filled with excellent exposition.

Good job Maddie and twitter Mom!
KarynStruble chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I know the feeling of being lost, you did a good job of capturing it
Patricia Davis chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Baby bunnies, a fawn and a starling; a nice viewing for a walk in the woods.

I really like this because it is reminiscent of so much of my own childhood. There are woods behind my house -the same house I grew up in and I used to know where every downed tree and every rabbit den was. We had possums and deer in the fall, skunks all the time (I got in SO much trouble) and fox kits in late summer. There was always some kind of animal to watch, to chase, to feed or hide from.

Once we camped far away, in Manitoba. I loved traveling, so when my dad drove long distances, I would look out my window and make up stories about the people whose houses I watched as we went past.

It took about 4 days of driving to get to the park in Manitoba. I helped set up camp (chores) and said I wanted to go for a walk in the woods.
These were not the tame woods from my Ohio home, but towering pines and thick hardwood trees that stood as high as the sun. My dad said "Not unless your mother goes with you," so my mom and I set out on the path.

I had seen deer, does and fawns and bucks, but I had never seen a moose up close before and really wanted to. My mother told me to be patient, that they wouldn't come out of their forest homes until they were certain we meant them no harm. So I waited. And waited. I hate waiting now, and I hated it even more 45 years ago.

Soon, we heard crashing branches and a "ohh-uhh-agg" sound. Deer don't make much noise, but moose do! The saw us, the smelt us, they weren't afraid of us and suddenly three of them jumped onto the path 20 yards in front of our spot, the spot to which I was frozen.

Moose are huge. They aren't big deer or big elk, they have feet the size of small tires and racks of antlers as wide across as my dad's pickup truck. And they're tall, taller than our Avion trailer. Or almost taller than our Avion. But they have large, ugly, kind faces and all three of these bull (boy) moose were watching us watch them. Then, they ran away.

I wanted to chase them, but my mother said no, that we'd take up their trail the next day. We walked back, then made our campfire and ate roasted hot dogs (my dad made the best hot dogs in the world) with marshmallows for dessert. I love 'camping food' to this day.

The next afternoon, I wanted to collect rocks so off we went, all of us; my dad and mom and me. I had my new windbreaker on, the one with the Canadian flag on the sleeve and huge side pockets. I intended to fill those pockets up with pretty rocks.

After an hour, my dad headed back to our campsite and my mom and I continued down the forest path we'd discovered the day before. What rocks I found! Some were big, with streaks of other rocks inside them (igneous) and some were like hardened dirt (sedimentary). Then I began to find small, round rocks, smaller than marbles. These were different than all the other rocks, so I picked up all of them. My pockets were bulging.

My mother said it was time to go back and I was glad because I was getting tired and the rocks were getting heavier every minute. Finally, we saw our campsite and I ran up to my dad to show him the pocketsful of rocks I had collected. My mom was laughing so hard, she was shaking, but I didn't know why.

It turns out that the round, smaller-than-a-marble rocks were moose poop!
I'd spent hours picking up moose poop and never knew it. My dad didn't laugh, he explained to me that we could let them dry for a day and use them for our campfire the next night.

Your story reminded me of camping and my compass and walking through new forests and how good they smell. How the earth beside the path is soft enough to dig with just a branch and how much I loved being outside.

Thank you, Maddie for writing your story. I got lost a few times when I was a kid and every time I was a little bit afraid. But I never again picked up moose poop.
Mellonie chapter 1 . 12/1/2012