Reviews for Time to Fade
Jayfire chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Sorry I'm too lazy to log in.. :P You did say that you were a rubbish poet right? Well if you did, you surely were wrong. I must say that was the most beautiful poem I have ever read. There is not anything I can think of that you could improve on. Maybe using less suspension points? (I think that's what they're called in English... I know that's what they are in French: des points de suspensions...) but that's all I can think of that could be improved but that's just my opinion. Others might disagree. Anywho, you're a great poet and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)
Jay
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
[Descriptions] I liked how you created this series of scenes with your imagery. A lot of the actions you put in here were mundane and everyday, but you made them interesting in the way you presented them. There was a sort of flair to your writing here that made things stand out.

[Word choice] You used a lot of unique words and had a nice way of stringing them together. I thought you did a good job of keeping your wording relevant but still enjoyable for the reader.

[Tone] Your narrator had a strong voice here and I liked how s/he presented themself. Your tone was personable and had a flavor of being a direct one-on-one conversation with the reader.

[Enjoyment] I liked it. The subject and presentation were strong and I thought you had some good ideas. You chose some great images and descriptions to set off this piece and make it stand out.
DutchAver chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
I normally don't like long poems, but this one was pretty strong and well-written. I loved the way you described the morning, and how you feared that every day would be your last. (I think that sometimes too) And indeed, the world always changes, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse - and I loved how you put that down in this poem too.

Keep writing poetry :)
Jewelvine of the Many Worlds chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
"Who lies awake? Except

Those who wait for sleep"

In the two lines above I think the 'except' should either go on the line below, because at first I wasn't sure with what words it was supposed to go with and that disrupted the flow of the poem. Otherwise I thought it was a really good poem.
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
"I awake to a new day, wondering…is it my last?"

So I'm not the only one who thinks that at least once a day? Good. Hey, I wonder if there's a way to, like, represent that in fiction. What if the world was set to end or something and nobody knew when? And everybody was so scared each day would be the last?

Meh. Plot bunny.

And what's up with the doc manager, anyway? I used to be on too, and it workded over there. Grr.

-REB

("workded"? really? WTF)
BlackRoseGuardian chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
This poem is very good. You speak truth in your words. Keep it up. _
TheEmberRaven chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Oh, my gosh, this is so cool. I love your vibrant (and sometimes chilling) imagery. And the whole poem has a cool back and forth flow...and the ending was perfect. Truly awesome. You should write more. Honestly. :)