Reviews for Olga
acchikocchi chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Hey, just wanted to tell you that I really liked your story, but I feel kind of torn about the ending. Not because of that heavy confession about Olga's father but because of Iwhere/I it ended. On one hand it's clearly intended as a oneshot, so it has to end somewhere but on the other hand the characters are just so likeable, it's not a nice feeling to know that I won't ever get to know them any better.

Brock is actually the first specimen of the popular-guy-takes-an-interest-in-shy-nobody type that I thought to be realistic. Usually it's just that school girl fantasy about a hot guy with a shitty personality doing a 180 because really he's just had a rough childhood. Brock is just genuinely nice from the very beginning and I can actually see why he would like Olga, that doesn't happen too often, most of the time I just wonder what the male lead in most romance stories sees in the female main character and they mostly just behave like a girl might want a guy to instead of behaving like a real guy would. For example using words that are more typical for girls (like "cute") all the time or noticing not only that a girl looks nice in what she's wearing but actually complimenting in detail the pattern, colouring, shape and combination of her entire wardrobe – including the shoes!
A guy with lots of female friends would be a different matter but for a jock it would just seem unrealistic.

Aaaanyway, I'm rambling again and ranting about stereotypes instead of properly complimeting your story.

So: It's really nice that your male and female protagonists appear to be genuine without being clichées and I really liked how you gave Olga's mother a distincly heavier accent than her daughter and some more stuff that I don't remember at the moment.

I'll go check out some of your other stories now.

Have a nice day!
a-ko
leavesfallingup chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
An interesting story. Brock seems like the type of person we need more of in this world. Olga is also someone special and I can definitely see a future for them with the way you wrote your story.

If I would make any negative comment, it would be that the story just stopped. It was good, but it feels incomplete.

Please write more?
KendallWritesBooks chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Aww very nice story! I think oh Olga Kay, the YouTube person when I read this ;) there is a few run-on sentences and that can be distracting so when you write stories you have to watch out for that. Not trying to criticize just letting my OCD take control! :P