Reviews for Shade, My Shadows
katrrat chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
extremely touching. I AM FOR REAL. Nearly brought tears to my eyes. ALWAYS beautifully written and well 'performed'. This is what family should be all about!
John 8.36 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This is precious. If your folks haven't ever read this, you need to have them do so! Great job!
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Very nice. Only 3 mistakes, but this poem is good. The format is solid, so it pulled through all the way. Keep it up .
Jay T. Wolf chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Cute. I love how, in the beginning, the shades and shadows make the work see like a sad one but later one finds out in that the shadows are actually something loved and good. Beautifully executed.

Jay T. Wolf
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
really good. I find a lot of poetry on here that people say that they hate there parents and stuff so this was rather refreshing to me. wonderfully done.
H0ld1ngH0p3 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
That's beautiful! I've read a lot of poems where the writers seem to be crucifying their parents; your poem is a nice change of pace.
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Ooh, that took an odd little turn at the end - I expected the shadows to signify something much more malignant than your parents. I got to the end and saw it in a totally different light from how I initially read it. I like the word choice and the metaphor - as I say, very cleverly done to change it right at the end :)