Reviews for The Pigeon's Friend
i l n o k chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
I opened this poem thinking I'd dislike it. Pigeons always strike me as such melancholy creatures. . . It's not an easy thing to write a poem about beggars and NOT sound cliched and fake.

You, however, were AWESOME. 8D

There is such an electricity to your poetry, an undercurrent throughout that I cant' put my finger on, but it goes through every poem. . . D: IT's like you've got some big secret behind every word you hint at through tone, and it just makes me wanna sit down, eat a cookie, and ponder deep questions about life, the universe, and stuff like that. .

It's annoying. I'm jealous.

. . .
JaredDean chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Good job.
Craig Thorpe chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This is well written and a very good piece
glassdrums chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
This is Amazing!
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Very sinister, and a real shame for the guy. It makes a lot of sense though - homelessness is a huge problem in so many of the world's cities. This conveys that image of being an outcast and alone really well. Great piece :)
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
That poem is a painful mirror to homelessness. And it's sad that happens to them; I loved the imagery which I think beautifully set out the harsh realities in this world. Beautiful as always!
Eleantris chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
This is fantastic, I love it! The last line leaves it on a really sad, sobering note - it's beautiful and so poignant. :)

This'll make you smile - I actually read this last night on my phone, but just waited till now to review because my phone doesn't really like the login page for some reason. :P But yeah, my Mum came in and asked what I was reading so I showed her, she read and it and was like 'This is really good! It's excellent!' and she loves poetry, so there you go, this is like two reviews in one! :D

X :D
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
It sounds so sad. Love the ending. the last and the first part are the most important. it's what impressions on people the most and I think you do an amazing job on this with your poetry. :-)
Shauni Cooper chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
This is so true in so many ways. It made me a little sad. Nevertheless it is a great piece. :)

-Shauni