Reviews for Blood Brother
Death Of Divinity chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
wow. thats really god. _ keep it up id like to read more of your stuff soon _
656 chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
You have captured wonderfully the pain and sadness, and yet hope in Christ. That he would come, God in Man, to take away my pain. Your pain. Makes me want to say "Who am I, Lord? That you would want to take away this pain, fear doubt?" "Lord, why would you want to take onto yourself these signs of my own weakness, to have my pain and choices marr your beautiful body.." The though in of itself can make me cry. That God would want to be our blood brother, is just.. awesome. Truly stunning poem. You always seem to take my breath away with your writing..
softlycryingrain chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
amazing imagery, (although a little dark at times)I can envision much of what you are saying, and it's so true, Christ has taken all of our pain and sadness on himself, "Cast all your anxiety on him, for he cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7 And your poem shows just how much he does care for us, that he is willing to do so much for us-to be our "blood brother"-when we deserve none of it. Your poem reminds me of that, and why it is that Jesus does give me hope. Wonderful job
spunkiegirl chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
That's awesome, I really like it.
hidden jewel chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
You know i totally understand

this poem is so great. and has a personal meaning to me because i was constantly depressed for like a year, tried (not very hard i admit cuz i was scared) to kill myself, then as my faith grew my depression faltered slightly - as in didn't have such a great hold on me - but i still got very depressed and my friends were very worried about me. i had got used to the fact that i suffered from depression, and wrote poetry to get out my feelings

but then, i cant pin the date, the spirit of depression just left me and i never get depressed anymore apart from feeling slightly down sometimes at that time of the month. i just felt a great release, and for a while i didn't know what it was like a sense of freedom and suming i had never felt before. and i realised God had delivered me from this thing and freed me to worship him with the whole of myself.

unfortunatly i didnt quite realise exactly what had happend for a while and i found myself, unlike when God was all i had, forgetting him and basically just like the prodical son deciding it was time to live life on my own, i was basically very selfish and tried some stuff like smoking. and i didnt even have a reason to anymore unlike others, i just rebelled for the sake of it and i dont think i quite knew what i was doing. it was like the freedom God had given me was my inheritance and i had gone off 2 do my own thing. - -this is very recently by the way, i realised what i was doing when one day i felt slightly under the weather and like a habit turned to God, and had forgotten him again by the next morning

so on sunday, the one just gone actually the 15th after hearing the word i decided i had to quit playing around and give myself back to God, give him back complete control of my life and surender to him. things have been so great since then, hes being teaching me and taking me to new levels.

edraith - im sorry, i know you probably didn't want to know all that forgive me but thats basically what god has done for me and why i can relate with you saying Jesus took away your sadness etc

-Serenity
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
I know it is about Jesus, but I can relate to it in a way and read things from it that you may have not even thought of, or perhaps you have. It could sound like a lover a mother or brother or even a sister if not for the term 'blood brother'. I could read many thing from this and I liked it just as much as I liked 'Our Secret'.

Nice work, I say again and I shall go on to chapter 2.
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
I wouldn't know if things like that could actually happen, but I am glad that you are feeling better or had been. Thank you for the review, also, since I forgot to mention it before.

I've recently put another poem up called 'Stained' and a story. It's fantasy, called 'Draconic Soul Mates'. I have this fetish over Dragons at the moment. Anyway, I'll have two more poems posted up in a few days. ; I feel like I haven't been posting enough lately. My writing has really gone down.

Well, anyway, I hope to hear from you again as soon as you have the time. Your reviews always make my day.
Oath chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
To answer on of your questions before i review; yes, i do believe in God. And a wish granted; I have email, and i plan on emailing you as soon as i can.

This poem isn't what i expected.. it is very different than many of you poems on your other account. And it seems like i good plan; on account for religious things and another for misalanious. *sp* Amazing, and very touching.. i can see how God and a person can be viewed as blood brothers... the poem got me thinking, it made me sad that i had... somewhat ignored (my) brother. I am working on getting back in touch.
Wounded Innocence chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
This is great for you and I can only hope and pray that God will do something similar for me. Once again, thank-you for your prayers... Love,

Bethy
Getuie chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
What especially came out to me from this poem was His longing to take what burdens us... You've stated it so well in this poem... and then the whole image of "blood brother" in itself... is truly something amazing to ponder on. (sorry for being so late in my reviews... I've been caught up in life... but hopefully now I'll get back to all the reading I want to do)
Elusive Enigma chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
This is an awesome poem. It is so comforting to be reminded that God wants to take our pain from us. It seems like He has been trying to get that through to me in my own dark time right now. Thanks for this poem and your testimony. Keep up the great work!
poetic abortion chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
Excellent poem and this helped me understand it more. ) Very good , keep it up ! -

Noelle
Luneko chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
I love the stanza that starts with "wounds". And the last two stanzas... *sigh*

I don't know what more I can say. Heartfelt work, as always.
simpleplan13 chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
wow very powerful and amazingly written... btw thanks for your review
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
I'm sure you probably weren't expecting me to look into this, and though I am not a believer, I decided to anyway. Your work is looking at, whether it be of God or not. It still speaks to me in a way not many others do.

I really liked this peace it speaks or turmoil and pain. It speaks of blood spilt and has so many emotions flowing in it. It is really a work of art, as all of oyour work I've read is.