Reviews for Sayanora
PotterPower chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
You've set the perfect tone and mood for this. The way it's short also fits in with the theme; it sounds very urgent, like the narrator has do everything quickly. However I didn't like the use of the word "Reaper"; it sounded too chunky when I read it. I loved "And the scythe comes down / To cut my life", I've never heard that before. Good description :)
DutchAver chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Whoa, this poem is very short but also very strong - the main character is about to die, I presume? I love the amount of emotion you've written in this poem. Well done :)
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Ah! Harsh! I love this. *faves*

Short, but just enough to pass on the point without repetition.

-REB
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Personally, I'm not a fan of the capitalizing the first word of every stanza thing. I think capitalizing it as one long sentence (which it is) would work better.

I like the concept. Especially tying the saying goodbye to your life ending without a word. I also like the phrasing "to cut my life" that was really interesting and different. Not something I had heard before.

I have to say I don't like the Reaper. I feel like it's so generic and used. I think you could've dome up with a better more descriptive and poetic way to say death. I do like the word scythe. That I thought was a really interesting and unique choice. I think even just leaving that as the reference to the Reaper without saying the Reaper would be good.

Overall, it's a good piece. It definitely makes you think of all things you want to say to people before you die. Very relateable and well done.
Asarikou-chan chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Quite pessimistic, Akiza.

That kinda reminds me with a short prose by a friend titled If I died young. I was about to kill her.

The structure despite being short is certainly neat but overally gloomy.
Archia chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
That's ominous in a way. I enjoyed the story in this and how I didn't expect the ending, even though it was so short.
True Talker chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
If you ever need to talk just PM me and I will be there for you.