Reviews for Journey To Chaos part 1: A Mage's Power
Allison Shaw chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
•First off, the story is immediately exciting - which shows a real skill for writing. He is also very concise, which is tough for people to do. Writing only what needs to be said is extremely tough to do, so this is absolutely indicative of high intellect.

•The book reads like a graphic novel or comic book, which I assume reflects an ability to obtain information quickly from images - just like Aaron. Also, like a graphic novel it moves in "frames." So the way he thinks is very consequential - if this, then that.

•He in incredibly observant of people and can glean personality from watching them. The characters in this book are immediately relatable, believable, and vivid. When I read it, I could immediately picture the character in my head. The mannerisms transcend physical description - which means the reader interprets them like they already know them. That is incredible and SO tough to do.

•I can glean some of the ways he interprets real life - workaholic parents, generic suburbs, uninspiring corporate jobs. However, his ability to create such a believably remarkable character makes me think that he obtains inspiration for that character from a real entity.

•Overall, I think he is really smart and his writing style is comparable to that of Augusten Burroughs, Jonathan Safran Foyer or Mark Haddon - if they wrote about modern day, urban mythical beings (if that makes sense..)
Alecia Stone chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
I found the world of Tariatla to be a rather magical place with some colourful characters. I found the second chapter to be more descriptive than the first chapter so it was easier to picture the scenes. It seems there could be a blossoming romance between Eric and Zaticana.
Alecia Stone chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
I can see it promises to be an adventurous tale. The story didn’t grasp my attention right away as there seemed to be so much happening and, at first, I wasn’t sure who the main protagonist was. I assumed it was Tasio as we were following his actions but then entered the character Eric, whose life we soon start to follow allowing me to see that he was the main character and that it was his story.

When the story started, it was a little disorienting. It seemed to be moving fast and it seemed as if you had to pay attention to a lot of things that were happening in a short space of time. The story started to really grab my attention when Tasio started following Eric. The actions before this point didn’t grab my focus much. Although I found Tasio’s character rather amusing and fun, I didn’t like how he kept telling the readers about the characters. Like, how he said Eric was pathetic. I felt it would be good if the readers came to that conclusion for themselves. It almost felt as if the readers were being told how to feel about the characters. The characters actions already gave readers a sense of who the characters were so I felt the commentary from Tasio was unnecessary. Having said that, apart from Tasio’s commentary on the characters, I found him to be quite a delightful character. He does come across very much as a trickster, and he does seem rather untrustworthy, which tells me that Eric is in for quite a wild ride.