Reviews for My Beloved
Erlkoenigin chapter 3 . 5/17/2012
Das ist doch das Gedicht, das du unter den Einfluß des Mel Gibson-Filmes geschrieben hast? Jedenfalls hattest du es schon irgendwo gepostet und ich muss bei den goldnen Augen an deinen Südfrankreich-Roman denken.

LG

Franziska
spunkiegirl chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
Wow. i'm speechless. This is so good. EXCELLENT job.
lili brik chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
wow..He is captured perfectly in thispiece; you really write some of the best religious poetry i've read on here!
Getuie chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
The use of enjambaments really brought their focus through. "the skies reverberate with torture-loaded screams"... Isn't that just true on so many levels? How His punishment reverberated through the spirit, heaven, the area in and around Golgotha... just as the result of that TORE through everything from earth, to material, to spirit, to flesh...

You used the villanelle perfectly to emphasise His sacrifice and, above all, His love.
Sa-ah chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
Such a beautiful piece... "Still love is glistening in his eyes." So true, no matter what happened to him our Lord took more and more pain. Beaten with the cat of nine tails down to the ground... Till the flesh was ripped off his body. But he stood back up, as if to say "Give it to me." He's so beautiful.
obsidian katana chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
awesome poem, simply beautiful. i love the rhyme scheme here, and the use of repetition really enhances the piece. yeah, He is an awesome God, what a good Friend. His love is so great, unfathomable. i can't imagine the pain He endured for us all, and His love despite that burden upon His heart, broken by our sins. and i'm sure the film did not convey nearly as much suffering as He faced in reality. no film could show that. but it really was poignant. great job on this piece. you expressed His message and love well. keep writing!
marinawings chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
This is such a lovely poem that captures the essence of a believer's relationship with their Lord. Very beautiful and very true.
Erlkoenigin chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Das Gedicht ist durch die vielen Widerholungen so melodiös wie ein Lied. Etwas ähnelte es auch einem Gebet, aber das ist sicher Absicht?

LG

Franziska

P.S: weitere Reviews folgen!
kloun mannequin chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
wow, like a love poem, it's sweet.
Franziska chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Bei dir klingen die englischen Gedichte immer viel melodischer als die Deutschen. Das könnte glatt so in der englischen Bibel stehen.
True Talker chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Thank you for sharing this as it has made me think.