Reviews for The Sailor's General Superior
Guest chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
Read this story, fell inlove with it and very single character. Beautiful, well written story. Mad love and respect for this story.
Moka-girl chapter 8 . 3/20/2015
Amusing. :)
Moka-girl chapter 2 . 3/20/2015
Everytime the person has an important job, for the sake of romance he or she will spend more time with their beloved than working and i'll appear normal. It's nice to know Cale thought about the fact the the war needs a general.
Moka-girl chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
Wow, this is quite interesting.
trymaran chapter 26 . 1/19/2015
I love this story! The characters are incredibly varied and the worldbuilding is amazing! It's really awesome how you've created such an interesting world which we continue to find out more about. Great story :)
A Passing Idiot chapter 19 . 7/31/2014
Whenever you speak of Alim I picture Grell from Kuroshitsuji. This is not right...
Faradays chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Ah yes, that moment you find a beautiful story with lovely, charming characters only to find out its incompleted and the author hasnt been online in over a year. Fic blues.
MizuAz chapter 26 . 6/18/2014
I really enjoyed this story! You really kept the protaganist's voice throughout; his personality just shone through beautifully. Used to an ending wrapped in a nice bow, especially for stories with a romantic bent, it was a little hard to find this last chapter so abbreviated. However, now that I've come to the end of this part of the story, I rather like how Calentine is still struggling with what he wants. It's a huge, life-changing decision, and he has two completely different paths wide open to him. I enjoyed how you developed the characters, with Calentine being rough and uneducated, but intelligent and a decent human being, juxtaposed with the stilted, rather formal voice of Asotegi. The scenery described helps the reader really dive into this world. Oh, and I really loved how you kept Calentine's voice so authentic, always having him make similies referring to his understanding of the world as a sailor. Those were tucked in all throughout the story, and it was a very nice way to show the care you took with this tale.

I really, really, REALLY want to start the next one, but it's not complete. I have such a hard time starting stories that haven't been finished and look as though they've been abandoned! I WANT to! I want to read more of Calentine, he's been so much fun! The Corsair's Crown is nice and lengthy, but I'm afraid to jump into it, get emotionally wrapped up, only to be left hanging. I've had unfinished stories stay with me for years, like an itch that can never be scratched. I may delve into The CC, because I really want to follow through with Calentine and Asotegi's relationship (which you've written so, so deliciously). I'll just have to hope that it wasn't abandoned on a major cliffhanger, I suppose. Thank you for posting your work on FP, it's absolutely wonderful to find quality slash writing (even if the slash is delayed til chapter 24...it was worth it!), and I hope you come back!
Wildrop chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
I've probably read this fic over again way more times than is healthy. Love the characters, love the world they're in, love the whole thing. Thank you for the story!
So1Thought chapter 26 . 4/18/2014
You are AMAZING. This is goddarn publishable. Your storytelling flows ever so smoothly, and well, amazing.
Alim reminds me of a slimmer, more slinky, cunning in a devious sexy weird way Snape. Cooooooool.
333
rAiNwAtEr1 chapter 26 . 4/6/2014
Words fail me when I try to express how much I adore the characters in this story. The general is truly the most selfless person I've had the pleasure to read without being overly annoying. Cale is just lovely and Nara is a star all her own. I've even taking a shinning to the red haired demon who seems to just need a hug from Cale. I must run over to the next installment before my heart fails me in excitement. Bravo, my dear friend.
xyz chapter 26 . 3/17/2014
Thank you so much for sharing this story. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the story.

His view point is so interesting and different from what we know and see in this story. (interesting place to keep the lamp oil- under the bed - lol) and the way they try to talk and still fumble about so badly - men! grin

Thank you.
Gentiane chapter 8 . 2/14/2014
On this particular day we want to make a confession, that we are absolutely in love with this story and your admirable heroes! Thank you so much!
Happy St. Valentines Day!
nutbuster chapter 19 . 1/26/2014
what's up with Alim? did he give half his life force to Cale? how did Alim become a doctor, anyway? you only gave us a small, small story on him. I'm also quite amused when Helene carried him because I thought she's tiny.

I'm very pleased with the romance. it felt stagnated for a while until they bonded with blankets on more than one occasion. :) it isn't rushed at all, and the emotions Cale begins to feel are wonderfully conveyed. I especially like how he comes to the realization that only Asotegi's touch bothers him. Laris was a very good contrast to add! Asotegi's nervousness was cute, too.
nutbuster chapter 16 . 1/26/2014
this is pretty confusing-I mean, trying to imagine their talent. I didnt really understand if the fish could still break the surface of the water, but you mentioned "intent," so I'm assuming if it's not to murder someone, the magic won't break..? IE, Cale and his boo are running on water away from crazy axe-murderers, and once they finish crossing the water returns?

I'm also wondering-do Jara and Cale's female cousin both prefer women? what happened to the other captains you introduced us to in the previous chapters? did they die as well? did anyone enter Asotegi and Cale's tent earlier to wake them up? and how about Alim-do people still distrust him?

the story of Eassea is rather cute! I also hope we see more of Laris.
423 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »