Reviews for King of Leaves
Sonya P. May chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
This reminded me strongly of Paper Tigers. Either this is just told from the point of view of the soldier L. (Lionel) and K. (the king) -though the story seems a tiny bit different - or I'm just imagining things.
Whichever it is, I am as always impressed by the way you can write a story and create a whole history in the background by simply not telling everything. It's like reverse psychology or something; the less you tell the more a reader knows - of course in a way the 'history' varies from reader to reader that way, but that's just the wonder of interpretation and imagination, isn't it?

/S

PS: I just remembered: what is K.'s full name in Paper Tigers? I'm curious.
Circles in the Water chapter 2 . 5/30/2012
I actually really like this! It's beautifully written and even though there's barely any descriptions you've painted a picture through minimal words.
It's not my kind of story, but you pulled me in with your summary. Had to stop by and congratulate you.
Keep it up.-Kazz
EightxLivesxLeft chapter 4 . 5/18/2012
I really like this, I'm really curious about the main characters past, update soon :)
Aellepi chapter 4 . 4/18/2012
LUCIEN!

God, I think I might be starting to like him... Must be the conversation.

Who was Lucien talking to? A ghost? Someone who died? Or is that just a part of Lucien, a "good" part? Maaan, poor Lucien. He's so lost. I wanna cuddle him... (Yep. Definitely starting to like him. _)

The King is going to die soon. How sad. Hope Lucien backs away from it. So that he won't be accused of regicide later on. Oh, but Lionel will do something. Or not. But still. Lionel is a good boy. He'll feel bad, whatever happens.

Aellepi chapter 3 . 4/15/2012
Awwwww... Poor King. Poor Lionel. (That WAS Lionel, right?) The execution is about to start. I hope the King goes out wearing that crown. At least, he's still the King, no matter even if he's killed. He's still King. It'll definitely be remembered.

Aellepi chapter 2 . 4/4/2012
Oh, my god.

Oh. My. God.

That Lucien... is a horrible person. To his friend! He'd do something like that to his friend! Well, I guess it's kinda to try and stop Lionel from being a spy and having to execute him, but still! :/ I feel sorry for Lionel. Not to mention the King. He's going to be killed... I wonder if somehow the new-revolutionaries manage to save the King? (I hope so. He seemed like a nice man from what I could gleam from the last chapter. Though there should be a rational reason for why Lucien would start the first revolution. Hmm...)

Good chapter, this one.

Aellepi chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Oh, my. How sad... And that was a very apt comparison. I liked it. Though I guess it would depend on the revolution and the rose and all that, but still.

So this person was the king? And he's sentenced to... what? Life? Death?

This was very nice. Good work!