Reviews for The Boy Next Door
Moi chapter 20 . 1/14/2013
holy. fuck. thank you.
Flavy chapter 20 . 1/14/2013
Oh wow, this is AMAZING, and you are AMAZING for updating this! This story should have gotten 1000 reviews. You are such an awesome writer! Please update with more soon!
heyitsstupidme chapter 20 . 1/14/2013
I'm glad that Sage seems to not have any new bruises at least. I was happy when I saw that you updated and I hope everything turns out good for the boys. I look forward to more. :)
Aletiah chapter 20 . 1/14/2013
You don't know how happy I am that you update :)
I'm so glad that Sage seems to be alright, even after what his dad forced him to do. But at least he's there, and alive, with no bruises.
I hope they can find a way to say together during winter break. The poor boys both need some happiness.
Please, update soon!
Guest chapter 19 . 1/7/2013
seriously, u've gotta UPDATE!
Flavy chapter 19 . 1/6/2013
Wow, are you frigging serious? This isn't finished and looks like never will be. If you're gonna start a story that's this good and then post it, it's really shitty never to finish it, I gotta say...
GrangerDanger333 chapter 19 . 12/30/2012
Wow, this is such a great story. I really hope you write more because I'm really enjoying reading. I think the flashbacks are working really well, mixed in with the story's present and I want to find out what happened to Sage. I think the relationship between Hamish and Liam is really well written, really realistic somehow. I thought this story would be similar to lots of others I read on this site but actually, its real different, in a good way. Its like you really know the characters. The way you write them is brilliant. And just generally, a very well written story, like really original and so ... err.. professional? Its so much better and more involving and full of emotion than most others on fictionpress :) Awesome work.
PLEASE write some more soon!
Aletiah chapter 19 . 12/28/2012
Please tell me you will continue this story. I look for new updates every day for this!
heyitsstupidme chapter 19 . 10/13/2012
Seriously, 42 reviews? This story deserves much more attention. I enjoyed reading it very much until now. The way you write just drew me in and the characters feelings and story touched me. I can't wait to read more.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/8/2012
This story is so amazing. Liam is so full of feelings and thoughts and that makes him very human. Your writing - style is awesome. I was drawn into this story from the first chapter and I enjoyed reading it until now.
Thank you for writing and sharing this :)
JHeartbreak chapter 19 . 9/12/2012
I love this story, it’s excellent. Let me tell you why I think so.
When I first started reading, I was pretty unconvinced I would enjoy reading this. For the first half of the story, Sage is more of a stage prop than a character, and Liam’s mysterious dark past is kind of brittle and unconvincing – not to mention those come about a dime a dozen here on FP.
What kept me reading was the mood, the incredible control over mood you have. All the sense impressions you throw before us, the times of day, the weather, the coldness, the roughness, the slickness, the slowness, the brightness, the loudness, all of them are beautiful along, but even more beautiful filtered through the intense emotionality of Liam. Whatever I think of his backstory, his feelings in the present are spot on, completely human and genuine.
In the first half I felt that his feelings, his relationship with himself, was story enough to hold up the whole thing. And after that, Sage and Luce were developed more fully as characters, filling out the story more.
The pacing is great too, because the mood would be broken with bad pacing, and every place things creep along at what seems a slow pace, except that it keeps taking us new places we don’t expect.
Now, mood and pacing might seem like lame things to compliment you about, but honestly, I think I’ve enjoyed this mood-oriented story much more than I would have enjoyed another heavily character-driven one. You allow the lyrical sensitivities room to play.
I’m really curious to see what comes next. I kind of feel that we’re very close to the end… perhaps that is so. I’m not terribly concerned about the ending; maybe Sage dies and we feel sad, or he doesn’t and we feel happy. I don’t think this is the kind of story that relies entirely on how the ending plays out for our respect. I’m most interested to see what you write after this. You’ve got a burning talent.
Jack D'Alyea chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Please update soon! You write amazingly
Aletiah chapter 19 . 8/18/2012
Okay, no Sage in those chapters. Please let him be okay!
Hamish is such a great brother to Liam. I really love both him and Annie. He's so lucky to have them, and his Mom too. I feel so sorry for her too, first her husband killed himself and then her son got abused :(
Can't wait for your next update, please let it be soon!
Aletiah chapter 18 . 8/18/2012
Love this chapter! Poor, poor Liam :( I wish i had more words for it, but I can't find them, so I just say it again, I love this chapter!
Aletiah chapter 17 . 8/18/2012
Okay, so now I'm really scared that something has happened to sage. Good that it's two more chapters to read!
I really hate Sage's dad!
66 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »