Reviews for Happy Birthday
blueagle246 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I loved the descriptions, they really paint the scene in your head. I also loved the entire point of the poem, no one really wants to grow up, even when we think we do.
romaniac chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Every story has a down side I suppose.I like the way you look at the darkside of things,I find it refreshing.I dislike it for the same reason because birthdays are meant to be person in this should be 18 years young not 18 years old!
PotterPower chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
The summary for this poem drew me in and I have to say, it met the expectations. It has a beautiful but painful truth in it; no one really wants to say goodbye to the carefree years of childhood. I love the lines "Barely a day in and already missing / The child buried in the icing cake."

I can't think of any criticism, so excellent job. :)
DutchAver chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
So far, this poem takes the cake (no pun intended) for the best poem I've read. It could, of course, always get better in the future, but I like this one the best so far. It's a sad poem, yet it's also painfully true. At my eighteenth birthday, I shared the same sentiments - I was a bit happy that I could finally be called a grown-up, but I was also sad that it meant the final goodbye to my childhood. In retrospect, there are a lot of things I'd love to have done as a child, but I can't anymore as I'm too old for those now. Which is why I like this poem so much - it's painfully true.

Keep writing poems like these :)
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
This is exactly how I feel about birthdays. Aw. Now I'm depressed.

"child buried in birthday cake" is very good.

-REB
Asarikou-chan chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Well, the title and the story are quite paradoxical. Interesting sort of paradox, though. The poem is really great yet still... life is life. No one likes growing up. Hehe, I am even thinking about not ever having a cake for my birthdays. Sigh, no one can stay a kid, relieved of all responsibilities. Anyway, it is still a happy birthday or that is what people are supposed to say,ne?