Reviews for The Ten Rings: The Island of Fog
Neuravinci chapter 18 . 5/5/2012
Whisperer in the darkness: I def want to see more of this character!

and I like how oyu've added the idea of the Old Ones emerging: makes me look forward to reading more!

And I wonder if the storm clouds forming is foreshadowing of sometihng bad brewing...
Neuravinci chapter 17 . 5/5/2012
Good description but the only thing maybe you cando is extend the scene. It seems like Timat died too quickly, like the scene was too rushed. For something as strong and powerful as her, I dont think she would die so quickly.

However, good moving of the plot along in this chapter :)
Neuravinci chapter 16 . 5/5/2012
Another great chapter.

The only thing I would change are the caps lol but I get they are for effect :)

Lots of action again in this chapter :)

I think the genre of this story should be action!

Also, sorry for not reviewing earlier: the dreaded finals have been drowning me in work lol but they're over now!
Neuravinci chapter 15 . 4/28/2012
You know what's funny, I justbegan a book today with a dragon named Tiamat lol. If you're interested, the book is called rising sun by victoria weber, i think you may enjoy the book!

at any rate, another lovely chapter and I hope to the high heavens your story does not end soon!

and gosh that eveil woman has been unleashed! the heavens wont be able to help our heroes now...
chibilover28 chapter 13 . 4/26/2012
hi, chibilover28 here!

So this story caught my eye while I was looking for new stories to read on the site, and I must say... this one is amazing! I feel drawn and connected to Max in this story. And I also like that Fantasy feel you've put into this. Keep up the great job!

P.S

If you have the time, Please R&R my story as well. A
Neuravinci chapter 14 . 4/26/2012
So much action in this chapter! I did NOT expect one of the hunters to be killed by the dragon at all. And I did not expect the Goatman to appear so quickly. I feel like it's nearly the end of the story but it cant be yet! its only 14 chapters in!
Neuravinci chapter 13 . 4/24/2012
Nothing like using blood to open barriers :)

Tense chapater here and I'm looking forward to seeing what awaits them beyond the doors.

The 3-eyed bat: now that's a strange creature!
Neuravinci chapter 12 . 4/22/2012
These scenes really show how strong these hunters are.

One thing that I have a problem with is that there are too many creatures to fight off all at once! lol. every chapter has that so maybe what you can do is consolidate the fight scenes and creatures and have some other things happening, like maybe some relationship-creation or show the friendship between the characters, maybe you can have more dialogue or something.

Overall, though, I am greatly liking this story and will add you to story alert so I don't miss any of your future chapters.

Please update soon. Your story is wonderful so far.
Neuravinci chapter 11 . 4/22/2012
Those poor hunters, they never get a break from strange things lurking around.

I'm a little disappinted to see Cornelius left behind though :( I thought he might be ofmore use, but maybe he will be later on :)
Neuravinci chapter 10 . 4/22/2012
This Cornelius I think will be the key to defeating that strange monstrous guardian.
Neuravinci chapter 9 . 4/22/2012
This place is so god-forsaken it's ridiculous: all those strange animals and whatnot. I find it interesting that the animals would be so belligerent as there have not been humans on the islands for some time. usually animals will be friendlier when they have nthad contact with humans bc they view the humans as being little threat. but in your story the animals are far more malicious and I wonder if they are all not some mutated bunch that are purely evil, gee. and that venus flytrap plant-it ate an ENTIRE monkey? goodness gracious!
Neuravinci chapter 8 . 4/22/2012
Again, your writing is very cinematic in nature. I like this technique very much! it's so refreshing and dramatic, without being overbearing or too contrived. Very nicely done!

and I feel that our antagonists are much more sneaky than previously hinted at. and I can't wait to find out what this dreadful guardian is that the Goatman and Thanatos dont want to fight.
Neuravinci chapter 7 . 4/22/2012
That lobster creature: hmmmmmm I wonder if it's true that it didnt attack him because he was a small meal? I think it might go beyond that reason, but I'm not sure...

and so now they're on the island.

Grave (pun intended) danger is to follow.

I look forward to reading more!
Neuravinci chapter 6 . 4/22/2012
I can't help but think this story would make an excellent movie!

The beginning, with the hint of the danger that was to follow, whatwith the tentacle grabbiing the seal, was so cinematic, almost as if the movie's director was showing viewers the dangers of the place, before the sailors themselves truly knew.

And now we have the fog rolling in. I don't want to imagine what dagners it bring with itself.

And those luskas: very imaginative and creative idea!
Neuravinci chapter 5 . 4/22/2012
I want to go to bed since it's 1:30 am but I want to read your story so badly as well. I'm loving it far more than I thought I would, since dragon stories seem to be so overdone. But this Whisperer is interesting and I can't help but think that he will help in the future, even if it means that he's upsetting the balance :)

Reading on, even if my eyes are blurring! :)