Reviews for A Ship In The Sky
Who Is This Girl Anyway chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
There's something slightly unnerving about this poem thanks to the juxtaposition between the fairytale sort of image of a ship in the sky and the feelings of hopelessness in the poem.

I think you convey the speaker's feelings of isolation very well, and I like the metaphor of a ship in the sky as a metaphor for loneliness- however much the speaker wants to reach out, no one will hear them. I also like the fact that you used rhyme during the last stanza as it gives a very final tone- there doesn't appear to be any hope for the speaker at all. Overall I think you've done a good job and I like the originality of this piece.

Katie.
RainSprite chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
What an interesting twist this has! When I first started reading this, I imagined it would be quite light hearted, so I wasn't expecting the ending to be quite like that. I suspect that the ship is a metaphor for the good in life we're sometimes deprived of or impossible to attain. Anyways, I liked he imagery of this, too. The poem isn't portrayed in an overly complex way, even though the emotions the speaker portrays are intense. I felt like I could sympathize with the speaker, and could easily picture everything in my head. In many ways, the speaker is portrayed as the dark that can never attain the light. So, I thought that was interesting. Good job!
thetabbykitteh chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
I liked this piece of poetry, because of the imagery used for a ship in the sky seemed a brilliant idea for imagery.

I also liked this piece of poetry, because it displayed imagery brillantly. Overall good job, The ColdFlame.
Samsonet chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Very beautiful. You picked the right verse to be the summary and I like how you portrayed the character's emotions. This is lovely. Keep on!