Reviews for Mordecai March
VelvetyCheerio chapter 29 . 6/21/2013
I read this story from beginning to end in one sitting, and I absolutely adored every chapter. I was just complaining a few days ago how there aren't enough stories about gaining friends in YA stories or stories targeted toward older readers. And yeah, this story does deal with children, but it's the theme that counts, and I really liked how you handled Tommy and Mordecai's friendship. Even I didn't like Mordecai at the start, but as the story progressed, I found myself growing more and more curious; more and more attached.

I definitely think this story deserves a beta. You have a very awesome writing style, and I was most impressed with the description and character reactions, but there are a lot of grammar mistakes that could be easily resolved with a second set of eyes.

[our friendship became an immortality of its own.] I love love loved this line. It was powerful and touching, and it's that type of feeling I love experiencing when reading stories about friends. Really good work, I'm really glad I got to read this story.
roziefay chapter 22 . 11/28/2012
Waaah, it's been ages since I've read any of this! I've been meaning to catch up, and then I saw you were writing a new one from Marceline's perspective! I was excited!

I'll finish this up now, and read the second one too!
Marie Katrin chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
Wow, really enjoyed this. I was so happy to see that it was complete, too- so many people start writing really good stories and then forget about them. Thanks!
Lia Jenson chapter 7 . 9/9/2012
Okay, still unwinding the story and plot pretty well, but URGHH mistakes.
Here are some (not all):
" a topic he didn't seem to happy to talk about and that was the bruised under his eyes." The BRUISES.
"He turned on his heal and walked off;" his heel unless suddenly Mordecai has healing powers.
Lia Jenson chapter 6 . 9/9/2012
My my that is one cold boy.
The errors are really starting to bother me, if you don't have time to sweep for them just get a beta or something. One that's good with grammar and proper punctuation.
Lia Jenson chapter 4 . 9/9/2012
You have got me to feel bad for Mordecai, even as I hate and am creeped out by him.
If he were less freaky and better at small talk, people would like him, I think.
LOTS more grammar and punctuation errors noticeable here. Ugh.
Lia Jenson chapter 2 . 9/9/2012
I LIKE this story!
Even with all the grammar mistakes, it's esoteric and descriptive and I'd be lying if I wasn't sucked right in. I will now spam you with my reviews.
Let us see if this positive first impression holds through your twenty-plus chapters.
Synonymous Lovechild chapter 27 . 8/29/2012
Brilliant! Its amazing how you've used your words to create such an eerie setting in this story. I really like the way you've depicted such a tortured soul within the body of a such young boy. This is quite marvelous
Maxinial chapter 25 . 8/19/2012
I am loving this story so freaking much! I can not wait for the next chapter(s) :D
please update soon! 3
roziefay chapter 2 . 6/28/2012
You scared the crap out of me! I didn't honestly know what to think when I saw all of the chapters deleted, ahaha.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the rewritten chapters! Hopefully it doesn't take too long! :]
deleteddd chapter 22 . 6/1/2012
Its going to end! No! Oh well, all good things come to an end. Never mind, I'll still re-read it when I want a nice supernatural story to enjoy on a bleak evening. Hmm..a bleak evening in a cosy house with some warm hot chocolate...perfect setting for this story...what do you think PeaEnvy?
R.A. Sears chapter 3 . 5/30/2012
Intrigued! Reading onward! I've also added your story to my community "Sultry Supernature". Feel free to check out some of the work by the other authors there!
roziefay chapter 21 . 5/29/2012
Spooky, ahaha. Unsettling drawings scare me more than most things, I guess

Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
roziefay chapter 20 . 5/29/2012
Oh man, this one was so creepy. I think the part describing the drawing was what creeped me out the most, though the chapter as a whole was pretty scary, ahaha

Loving this!
roziefay chapter 18 . 5/29/2012
WAIT WAIT, so maybe I am right partially? Maybe? Probably not, ahahaha

Maybe I should stop making theories, ahaha