Reviews for Fuck the Metaphors
Time To Change chapter 5 . 5/31/2012
Beautiful. I love the contrast between the acceptance of and yet slight confusion towards the feelings being felt.
Time To Change chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
"And it makes you more sad than glad"

I think that was positioned perfectly within the poem. I'd say it was like a fist to the face, but it hit the heart instead.
darkershadeofpale chapter 7 . 5/7/2012
Oh. My. God.

You know. I totally didn't realise that there were more chapters to this. And then I get an alert saying that you've posted more chapters and I'm thinking, what? So I decided to drop by.

And remember how I said you were incredible (or something like that)?

I take it back.

You're magic. And this is real and so raw and just so ... moving.

I'm not exactly crying or anything, but you've got me pouring out empathy in bucketfuls, and I can identify with parts of this and read me in what yo're saying - which happens, but no-one ever really gets the feelings perfectly right for someone else - and then there's your voice which is just so full of all this wistfulness and pleading, but is also kind of tough and you-don't-scare-me, which is absolutely gorgeous and I am in amazing amounts of awe right now, it's just. Wow.

Okay. Now that I've finished wroshipping what I've just read, a few things:

First, I love your formatting. It sounds odd, but I need to say it. Most of the time, I don't do the whole double spacing thing and break it up into stanzas/verses/whatever and I usually always prefer it that way. But you've got the whole big block of text thing down to an art form. Like actually. Normally it's kind of just off-putting. And yours isn't at all. Which is impressive in itself.

Second. The last chapter is really, really different. Which mightn't be a bad thing, but it breaks off the flow of the rest of them, which again, isn't necessarily bad. It's just a thing. And it looks like it hurt, and I'm sorry, and you're quite welcome to borrow a pitchfork if you need one.

And just by the by, I liked the title after the first chapter, and now I'm convinced that it's perfect. For this entire piece. Compilation. Whatever you want to call it.

. darkershadeofpale
allthecitylights02 chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Wow, this is absolutely stunning and powerful. Well done :)
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
So, I'm not going to lie. I came here because your username is quite possibly the best one i've seen on FP in a while.

I liked the poem too, though.

I get a feeling of defiance from the speaker, like she knows that this is probably not smart, but to hell with it.

From this, you're good at capturing impulses and feelings with words on paper (or a screen), which is talented of you.

And also.

After reading the poem, I appreciate the title much more. It fits. :)

. darkershadeofpale