Reviews for Restore My World
HiHelloMisterBear chapter 13 . 12/12/2012
I like your style...

I like that Rick calls him papa bear.

And I like the real life issues. Great.
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 13 . 12/11/2012
Hey there lovely! I'm here to share some exciting news; this story has been added to the slash category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"Five years ago, Chris’ wife, Emma, died as the result of a drunken driver colliding into the passenger side of their car. At eleven years old, their son was the rock that kept Chris strong but now at sixteen that has all changed. He blames his father for his mother’s death and is highly volatile towards his father; the poster boy for teenage angst; and nothing Chris can do can make the boy understand. Deciding to have his old car done up for Troy, he takes it to a garage where he meets Rick. Let the good times commence...

Thankfully, the budding romance that happens between Rick and Chris does not take away from the limelight of the troubles that face Chris and Troy which makes me adore this story. Despite having several plots throughout the story, jma manages to make it all fluent and work together to create an even stronger plot that keeps the reader wanting more.

The best part of this story is that even though some of the father son arguments may seem a little dramatic, never does jma get too exaggerated about the hatred and make it sound like a massive cat fight. You can almost feel the testosterone induced hate and confusion that comes from young Troy as well as feel empathy towards Chris for having to deal with this situation.

“Restore My World” by jma is a story that I have been waiting to land in my inbox. It’s exploration of family drama, love and religion is what makes the plot uniquely deep. With realistic characters, well thought-out storyline and perfect writing, jma has created a story that all readers should want to follow until the very end."

Keep writing, Helen xo
toastingninja chapter 13 . 12/8/2012
Absolutely love this chap :D Love how Troy is all happy, he really deserves to be joyous and carefree at the moment. Chris' excitement for the upcoming birthday present is contagious. I hope everything goes well with the plot. I am really looking forward to reading the continuation of this marvelous piece of writing :DDDD
shellbell10 chapter 13 . 12/8/2012
Update soon
Anon chapter 13 . 12/8/2012
Sweet, glad to see you back, & thank you for this new chapter! I like the new character too, and I'm looking forward to more of the 'new' Troy and his buddies.
BloodyDestiny chapter 13 . 12/7/2012
YAY your alive. Currently thats about all I have to say. it was a good chapter though I am glad that Troy is starting to get used to his own skin. I am curious to see what happens with aiden, whether he comes back or not. Anyways keep up the good work.
EtherealBlue chapter 12 . 12/3/2012
This story has some really good themes & answers good questions about being gay, bi or straight,becoming one or not,the words used to qualify people,the horror movies therapies, fanaticism... It's not some simple good old romance (you have to admit the scenario would be perfect for it lol) & that's part of what makes it more interesting. :)
ULSAMINOR chapter 12 . 11/8/2012
I love your story please continue. i adore troy:)
chatty504 chapter 12 . 10/7/2012
I like it! Its pretty cute tbh honest! the grandparents are deranged though!
Nomore1234 chapter 12 . 8/22/2012
Thank goodness Troy didn't listen to that old hag, hopefully Chris will bring that up into court.
JHeartbreak chapter 12 . 7/26/2012
Ah, yeah, that ending was pretty sweet. Unexpectedly, even though you told us it would be there. I like this chapter. Finally, some peace of mind for poor Troy! You'd think he was some kind of battleground (haha, classical allusion).

Yes, and I like Chris and Rick together, and I hope Troy learns to like Rick. Actually, I have a feeling he'll end up liking Rick more than his own father, in a way... you know, boy crush sort of thing.
BSR chapter 12 . 7/25/2012
this is sooo cute...your cutest chapter yet...am glad troy stood up for his father :):) such a great story :):)
Guest chapter 12 . 7/25/2012
Great ending, loved every second and word of this chapter. Hope Troy resolves his dilemma with Aiden and yes! Rick gets to have a date with Chris and gets to meet Troy. Can't wait till the next!
shellbell10 chapter 12 . 7/24/2012
All I can say is love! Update soon
S.H. Marr chapter 12 . 7/24/2012
I dunno what's going to happen with Aiden, and I can't wait to see that conversation, but I'm glad for Troy. He's really making huge steps. Almost unrealistically fast, but that's up to you to make it make good sense.
148 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »