Reviews for Beginners
empiresofwater chapter 52 . 3/22
I really liked Sheila’s determination and fire in this chapter, tracking down the criminals. She seemed really in control and imperious! It seems something very dark is going on with what she uncovered too!
empiresofwater chapter 51 . 2/8
It’s fascinating how all these different characters are interacting and interweaving! Jamie just feels caught in the middle of all these powerful men and women, which is really interesting. And you’re right, I enjoyed Kirby especially in this chapter - he is an old dear as you said LOL!
empiresofwater chapter 50 . 11/22/2017
Oh, very nice! I love that twist with Jack and Jamie. It makes things very interesting for the inquiry! I especially liked that last sentence, and the different kinds of ways he can control him ~
empiresofwater chapter 49 . 10/22/2017
Oh, interesting! I like the twist at the end of this one. I love the theme of Jamie's split loyalties in this, I am interested to see who he comes through for.
empiresofwater chapter 48 . 8/29/2017
well, I have to say, I like the sound of Sarah! She seems pretty interesting. I enjoyed the twist at the end of this chapter - I'm interested to see how Jamie being alone will force him to make decisions for himself, and see how he handles it!
empiresofwater chapter 47 . 7/11/2017
Well I loved this new chapter, especially the descriptions of the rain and Jamie's feelings of imprisonment, even though he was in such a nice place. I notice that a lot in your stories! I'm hoping he gets involved more in this complexity around him!
empiresofwater chapter 46 . 5/7/2017
That must be so annoying to not have your stories updated on the main page! Luckily, I've never had that happen to me, but I don't know what's happened there. The 'update' says it was last updated in April, but here are your two brand new chapters! Anyway, this was great, though short which I totally understand. Again, I love Jamie's vulnerability and his confusion over the complex events happening all around him.
empiresofwater chapter 45 . 5/7/2017
I loved this chapter! I could just feel Jamie's unease throughout all of it, and the manipulative nature of the people around him. I love all his conflicted interests and how he sometimes feels so vulnerable, which I love in characters! I also really liked this line: 'The only real woman in the room'!
empiresofwater chapter 44 . 3/12/2017
I liked this! I'm excited to see what part Steve will play. I imagine there's more confusion for Jamie in the future - I hope he manages to become more confident in himself and grow! Most of all I hope there is more intrigue too lol xD anyway great update, I wonder where you will go with this development! :)
empiresofwater chapter 43 . 2/20/2017
What a dramatic twist! I felt sorry for poor Jamie! This was an interesting new side to Helen too, I loved that image of her coming into the cell and stamping on that cockroach - it really showed her character! Oh, and Sheila coming there to help Jamie at the end was quite touching!
empiresofwater chapter 42 . 1/22/2017
I enjoyed this chapter, and its insight into Jamie's feelings. I want to know what happens with Helen and her relationship with Jamie - I can't see it ending well! It seems Jamie has a lot on his plate at the moment, though I always find it funny that he has time to nap lol! That's quite cute.
empiresofwater chapter 41 . 12/19/2016
Wow, it seems that Jamie doesn't know what he wants! First Walter then Helen then Gilbert too - he needs to get his act together lol! Anyway, this was a great chapter, the tension was really interesting between Jamie and Helen, I liked how you wrote the awkwardness and his conflict into the sensual scene. I wonder what Walter will think!
empiresofwater chapter 40 . 10/30/2016
I really liked this chapter! I liked how you dealt with the change in mood, and I'm interested in Jamie's changing feelings, especially towards Walter. I like how intriguing the relationship he has with his family is as well. I look forward to seeing how this plays out :)
empiresofwater chapter 39 . 9/5/2016
Wow, what an intense chapter! I was so shocked when Helena kissed Jamie, and even more shocked at his reaction to it! This update was full of tension and emotion, and the ending with Walter returning rounded it off so nicely. Can't wait to see what happens with Walter and Jamie now :)
empiresofwater chapter 38 . 6/23/2016
Well, I'm finding the interaction and relationship between Jamie and Walter's father pretty interesting! And it's intriguing how he's being manipulated still and he's not sure of people's intentions for him! I wonder what is in store :D
92 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »