Reviews for Beginners
empiresofwater chapter 59 . 10/11
Great new chapter! I like how sensitive and emotional Jamie is, which is quite refreshing. In the middle of all those strong male characters, he’s trying to find his identity and that is so interesting! Can’t wait to see him in his next adventure with Sheila!
empiresofwater chapter 58 . 8/25
Wow, it sounds like Jamie has some more exciting adventures ahead for him! It’s interesting to see old faces appearing and threads coming together, even though I know you said you don’t especially plan it all out!
empiresofwater chapter 57 . 7/28
Great chapter! Can't wait to see what happens with Jamie, and the machinations between all the complex people around him! I was curious though - did you have a big plan for this story when you started it or are you just writing it as it comes? I'd like to try that method!
empiresofwater chapter 56 . 7/2
Great chapter! Sheila’s silent manipulation is so nicely written, and it looks like there’s a lot of tension coming up for Jamie. I liked the hints of Sheila’s feelings also ~
empiresofwater chapter 55 . 6/15
Wow this was so sexy and tense! Jamie seems totally powerless amongst these powerful men. But one of my favourite things about this chapter was Sheila at the end and her facade of being caring, but always keeping her eyes on the road in quite a dispassionate way!
empiresofwater chapter 54 . 5/28
Oh, I like the intrigue in this chapter! It seems there are a lot of threads going on here, and Jamie is wrapped up right in the middle of it. I really want him to really stand up and be assertive and do something to help himself, I feel so bad for him!
empiresofwater chapter 53 . 4/22
I really like the intrigue you’re hinting at in this! I would just love for Jamie to prove himself and be that adventurous type you said about in your email, just like Tab Hunter! But I thought the dynamics between him and Kirby were really interesting this chapter too!
empiresofwater chapter 52 . 3/22
I really liked Sheila’s determination and fire in this chapter, tracking down the criminals. She seemed really in control and imperious! It seems something very dark is going on with what she uncovered too!
empiresofwater chapter 51 . 2/8
It’s fascinating how all these different characters are interacting and interweaving! Jamie just feels caught in the middle of all these powerful men and women, which is really interesting. And you’re right, I enjoyed Kirby especially in this chapter - he is an old dear as you said LOL!
empiresofwater chapter 50 . 11/22/2017
Oh, very nice! I love that twist with Jack and Jamie. It makes things very interesting for the inquiry! I especially liked that last sentence, and the different kinds of ways he can control him ~
empiresofwater chapter 49 . 10/22/2017
Oh, interesting! I like the twist at the end of this one. I love the theme of Jamie's split loyalties in this, I am interested to see who he comes through for.
empiresofwater chapter 48 . 8/29/2017
well, I have to say, I like the sound of Sarah! She seems pretty interesting. I enjoyed the twist at the end of this chapter - I'm interested to see how Jamie being alone will force him to make decisions for himself, and see how he handles it!
empiresofwater chapter 47 . 7/11/2017
Well I loved this new chapter, especially the descriptions of the rain and Jamie's feelings of imprisonment, even though he was in such a nice place. I notice that a lot in your stories! I'm hoping he gets involved more in this complexity around him!
empiresofwater chapter 46 . 5/7/2017
That must be so annoying to not have your stories updated on the main page! Luckily, I've never had that happen to me, but I don't know what's happened there. The 'update' says it was last updated in April, but here are your two brand new chapters! Anyway, this was great, though short which I totally understand. Again, I love Jamie's vulnerability and his confusion over the complex events happening all around him.
empiresofwater chapter 45 . 5/7/2017
I loved this chapter! I could just feel Jamie's unease throughout all of it, and the manipulative nature of the people around him. I love all his conflicted interests and how he sometimes feels so vulnerable, which I love in characters! I also really liked this line: 'The only real woman in the room'!
99 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »