Reviews for Qualified
Vlurry19 chapter 3 . 8/10/2012
This story was beautiful. Thanks for posting this.
Ranilyn chapter 3 . 7/22/2012
Awww, that was one of the sweetest most adorable fics I had ever read! A pleasantly surprising turn of things! I'm going to head to hour page to see if you have more...or at the very least some favourite stores for me to try too.

But before that, I have to say I love this line: "Right then – how about we go canoeing down by the lake? I'll race you. And then maybe we can go back to my place...and knit." AHAHAHA...couldn't stop laughing at that line. XD
Ranilyn chapter 2 . 7/22/2012
Awwww, short but well written. I love the characters! They're kind of adorable. _ And you had some good funny moments there!
Ranilyn chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Well, I think you should just jump into the waters then, if this is just dipping your toe into fictionpress! Hahaha, I love te idea you have for this little fic...definitely very unique and not something I've seen before!
nonaccount chapter 3 . 7/15/2012
That was so sweet! I really enjoyed it, thanks! :)
goudacheese chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Ah! This was cute! So much happier than your other one (although sad is definitely not necessarily a bad thing, I love sad, but I also love happy, so.) and just as good :-) At first I was just like - what the heck when it came to James. Like. Interview? I don't think I would even have sat through that, I'd just have. Left. Because really. Interview? What are you doing? BUT I'M GLAD SAM DID, because then it ended so nicely, and at the end it was nice to finally be able to see what exactly had been going on inside James' head. AND THEN SAM'S LIKE. RETURN-INTERVIEW OR WHATEVER. Oh my God, I was almost sad that he stopped because at that point I still was not a James Fan at all and if I'd been him I would totally have gone through with the whole thing.
But okay, yes, this was. So good. It ended so nice and happy and just the whole misunderstanding thing, it's so realistic, happens in real life with EVERYTHING and I am so glad they worked everything out and just. This was brilliant, and I loved reading it. :-)
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
After reading Chapter 1.
I totally hated Mr Professor in the beginning. I thought we’d get a ‘demanding–complying’ type of relationship, and that’s the type I dislike most. But! You surprised me – of course you did, how could I have thought otherwise – by makeing Sam go ‘Oh no you di’int!’ and not taking James’ behaviour. I started to get really into the story after that.
From ‘bloody-hell-hot-guy-actually-wants-to-date-me’ to ‘that-arrogant-son-of-a-bitch’ Teehee! I love it how you spell out his thoughts on the matter, so we can clearly follow his struggle. And when they have their second talk in the park, we really notice how stubborn James is, but cute all the same.
And then… ‘I think you owe me an interview.’ WHAT? I was so pleasantly surprised at that!

After reading Chapter 2.
Sam is a really good guy for not going through with the interview. I wouldn’t have been so kind, but then again maybe I’m too proud Sam’s got guts too, however, because he dares to laugh at James and confront him. Sam’s awesome. And his struggle contiunues! It’s so cool how he analyses James’ behaviour with the few leads he’s got.

After finishing.
I love how you describe the things he does ‘to impress James’ just before the date. They’re so simple and cute and they made me smile (little note: you put t-shit instead of t-shirt in the third alinea)
‘That's the thing about car boot sales. Something for everyone, or at least enough oddball goods to keep you occupied.’ So true, car boot sales are the coolest! Even though I’m always a bit uncomfortable with what people put there, how dusty it is, how they touched it with dirty fingers… stuff like that.
Love the converstaion with the old lady, it was so realistic.
Lovely how you make Sam wonder what the humming is, only to have him realize James is laughing. This story is just full of wonderful little things.
And then we get to know James’ thoughts and we’re like ‘Oooooooh! Ah!’
Situations like that happen so often, without us knowing it half of the time. People always assume they know. We forget to put ourselves into the other person’s shoes, when we feel dejected or whatever. That’s sad, isn’t it? Luckily thanks so Sam’s straight-forwardness everything turned for the better.

And I love James’ full name:)

Your writing style is so fluent and beautiful, as always. This was again totally sweet and brilliant! This review is kind of messy, but I totally loved this story and wanted to write down as many things as possible
Thanks for the awesome read!
S.H. Marr chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
I liked this. You had real characters in it, and even though I could sort of see where they were going (when James got so nervous at the interview and such), it was alo really easy to see the misunderstanding. I like writing that has those little hints.
whisper queen chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
good job.
Rae Kitano chapter 3 . 5/17/2012
I really enjoyed reading your story.

WayRoundWrong chapter 3 . 5/10/2012
Overall a satisfyingly complete short story to read. The descriptive paragraphs were well done. They were clear, with lots of nice little details, that made it easy to imagine. Altogether they added a vibrancy to the story. My particular favourite areas being the descriptions of the car boot sale and the slow thawing of their awkward relationship (which I think was paced about right).
marginal-utility chapter 3 . 5/6/2012
good chapter
lovesyoumore chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
love this, you're a great writer!
JHeartbreak chapter 3 . 5/4/2012
I would like to inform you that canoe riding is a perfectly respectable date activity. www dot harkavagrant dot com/index dot php?id250

I like this chapter best. The characters have really reached full flower in terms of complexity and authenticity. I think there is a way to bring this across from the very beginning of the story. The first chapter makes them appear flat and stilted (compared to this chapter). It's not just a question of not knowing them very well yet, but of finding ways for the reader to see the complexity, even if the characters can't.

So, in each chapter my estimation of your abilities has proabably doubled. I think you've really got it. I think, overall, you can find a way to streamline your stories. There seems to be a lot of interior monologue here that doesn't really go anywhere. It deadens the impact of the events. If you can find a way to either cut it down to a minimum or make the interior monologue as interesting as the events themselves you will strengthen your work a lot.

That's what I'm thinking. I hope you write something again soon.
peacelovejay chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
(This is a review for the whole story): Love it! So cute, and there is a big "aha" moment when James explains himself at the end.
46 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »