Reviews for Qualified
goudacheese chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Ah! This was cute! So much happier than your other one (although sad is definitely not necessarily a bad thing, I love sad, but I also love happy, so.) and just as good :-) At first I was just like - what the heck when it came to James. Like. Interview? I don't think I would even have sat through that, I'd just have. Left. Because really. Interview? What are you doing? BUT I'M GLAD SAM DID, because then it ended so nicely, and at the end it was nice to finally be able to see what exactly had been going on inside James' head. AND THEN SAM'S LIKE. RETURN-INTERVIEW OR WHATEVER. Oh my God, I was almost sad that he stopped because at that point I still was not a James Fan at all and if I'd been him I would totally have gone through with the whole thing.
But okay, yes, this was. So good. It ended so nice and happy and just the whole misunderstanding thing, it's so realistic, happens in real life with EVERYTHING and I am so glad they worked everything out and just. This was brilliant, and I loved reading it. :-)
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
After reading Chapter 1.
I totally hated Mr Professor in the beginning. I thought we’d get a ‘demanding–complying’ type of relationship, and that’s the type I dislike most. But! You surprised me – of course you did, how could I have thought otherwise – by makeing Sam go ‘Oh no you di’int!’ and not taking James’ behaviour. I started to get really into the story after that.
From ‘bloody-hell-hot-guy-actually-wants-to-date-me’ to ‘that-arrogant-son-of-a-bitch’ Teehee! I love it how you spell out his thoughts on the matter, so we can clearly follow his struggle. And when they have their second talk in the park, we really notice how stubborn James is, but cute all the same.
And then… ‘I think you owe me an interview.’ WHAT? I was so pleasantly surprised at that!

After reading Chapter 2.
Sam is a really good guy for not going through with the interview. I wouldn’t have been so kind, but then again maybe I’m too proud Sam’s got guts too, however, because he dares to laugh at James and confront him. Sam’s awesome. And his struggle contiunues! It’s so cool how he analyses James’ behaviour with the few leads he’s got.

After finishing.
I love how you describe the things he does ‘to impress James’ just before the date. They’re so simple and cute and they made me smile (little note: you put t-shit instead of t-shirt in the third alinea)
‘That's the thing about car boot sales. Something for everyone, or at least enough oddball goods to keep you occupied.’ So true, car boot sales are the coolest! Even though I’m always a bit uncomfortable with what people put there, how dusty it is, how they touched it with dirty fingers… stuff like that.
Love the converstaion with the old lady, it was so realistic.
Lovely how you make Sam wonder what the humming is, only to have him realize James is laughing. This story is just full of wonderful little things.
And then we get to know James’ thoughts and we’re like ‘Oooooooh! Ah!’
Situations like that happen so often, without us knowing it half of the time. People always assume they know. We forget to put ourselves into the other person’s shoes, when we feel dejected or whatever. That’s sad, isn’t it? Luckily thanks so Sam’s straight-forwardness everything turned for the better.

And I love James’ full name:)

Your writing style is so fluent and beautiful, as always. This was again totally sweet and brilliant! This review is kind of messy, but I totally loved this story and wanted to write down as many things as possible
Thanks for the awesome read!
S.H. Marr chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
I liked this. You had real characters in it, and even though I could sort of see where they were going (when James got so nervous at the interview and such), it was alo really easy to see the misunderstanding. I like writing that has those little hints.
blue eyed bitch chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
good job.
Rae Kitano chapter 3 . 5/17/2012
I really enjoyed reading your story.

WayRoundWrong chapter 3 . 5/10/2012
Overall a satisfyingly complete short story to read. The descriptive paragraphs were well done. They were clear, with lots of nice little details, that made it easy to imagine. Altogether they added a vibrancy to the story. My particular favourite areas being the descriptions of the car boot sale and the slow thawing of their awkward relationship (which I think was paced about right).
marginal-utility chapter 3 . 5/6/2012
good chapter
lovesyoumore chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
love this, you're a great writer!
JHeartbreak chapter 3 . 5/4/2012
I would like to inform you that canoe riding is a perfectly respectable date activity. www dot harkavagrant dot com/index dot php?id250

I like this chapter best. The characters have really reached full flower in terms of complexity and authenticity. I think there is a way to bring this across from the very beginning of the story. The first chapter makes them appear flat and stilted (compared to this chapter). It's not just a question of not knowing them very well yet, but of finding ways for the reader to see the complexity, even if the characters can't.

So, in each chapter my estimation of your abilities has proabably doubled. I think you've really got it. I think, overall, you can find a way to streamline your stories. There seems to be a lot of interior monologue here that doesn't really go anywhere. It deadens the impact of the events. If you can find a way to either cut it down to a minimum or make the interior monologue as interesting as the events themselves you will strengthen your work a lot.

That's what I'm thinking. I hope you write something again soon.
peacelovejay chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
(This is a review for the whole story): Love it! So cute, and there is a big "aha" moment when James explains himself at the end.
Kyla chapter 3 . 5/4/2012
Really nice story! Loved it!

I wish there were more chapters! ;)
Sakia Rumei chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
Ah,the final chapter. I love this chapter because i'm glad the date went very well and the fact that they managed to resolve their misunderstanding of each other. You're a good writer, i love reading every word of this fic and i couldn't help but smile at the ending. I read your profile notes and i wish you luck in the future. I would love to see the next fiction you'll come up with.

Thank you for uploading this and wish you good luck (again) in life and writing.

Till next time.
FallenWindRider chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
That was wonderful! The characters, the plot, the misunderstanding. Everything about this story was very catching. My heart melted in this chapter, it was a very nice, light read. Thank you!
Liquid Under Mirrors chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
Wonderful. You portrayed them wonderfully and you didn't even have more than two characters ... well anyways, I'm glad they finally got to understand each other.
Sakia Rumei chapter 2 . 5/3/2012
I'm glad to find a slash fic with such an unique plot, i mean who interviews someone to be their boyfriend? it would be kind of interesting if it were to happen in real life though...

What i find fascinating is James's character. You described him very well and i can't help but be intrigued by his..arrogance? somehow i feel that he's putting up a facade when he's with his friends.

I also love how the relationship between Sam and James will develop, somehow i can envision to be a cute couple. Then again,"cute" might not be the best adjective...

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter. Good luck in writing and real life.

Till next time.