Reviews for The Dolls With the Black Button Eyes
Ice Bubble chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I'm in love with these dolls. The repetition and the unity gave it that creepy THING. Fav part:

"Take her eyes."
""The buttons, don't forget the buttons."
"Eyes first, then we'll take her organs."
"Yes, yes, take the organs and eat them!"
"First the eyes."

Lovely Wovelly!
walls-have-ears chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
That was creepy and disturbing, but a very good short horror story. It left me wondering what happens next, how many otter victims will be taken. Only problem I had was lack of physical description of Jane, was she tall, thin, ginger? Room for improvement but everything else was great.
FlyingCatFish chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Wow, brutal. It's so enchanting, I couldn't stop reading.
Aokigahara's Nightmare chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
OMG CREEPY! Just what I like! lol
Vivenne chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Interesting story, the element of creepiness was there but I felt there was something lacking with the description of Jane.

Allie's was wonderful though. I got real sense of her with just a few sentences :)
Noctiphobia chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
It was a wonderful mixture of horror and creepy. I believe it did jump around a little too much, but it was still a good short story.
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Dolls are so fucking creepy.

The writing itself is pretty good. Watch out for melodrama though.

-REB
TheCrystalShip chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Hi Dr. Shadow,

Great stuff here! The ending was very well executed. The repetition of "first the eyes" is so creepy and unnerving. Your last two couple sentences are great:

"One day, Allie went to her basement to talk to her dolls. Sitting in a chair was her new doll with wavy brown hair and dressed in jeans and a shirt Jane loved so much.

"Hello, Jane," Allie said."

There is a sense of detachment that mirrors Jane's detachment from her own humanity. When Allie speaks we the reader are left to read into her inflection. I read her words as being sadistically gleeful, but others are free to interpret it as they want. It's a perfect way to end the story.

There were a couple points where I felt you explained too much. One such example is here: "This girl-this monster- killed innocent people and turned them into doll. These people had been led through the same house, by the same person to the same fate." I don't think these sentences are necessary. Everything here is implied in the sentences prior and following. For me, these sentences took me out of the flow of the story.

Minor nitpick aside, this was a great story with a sinister and creepy vibe. I really enjoyed reading it!
True Talker chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Interesting and actually I think that this reminds me of an episode of; The Ghost Whisperer. It just vaguely does - I have watched a lot of television in my life. This could also be a good episode for Supernatural if you think about it.