Reviews for Portrait
thegirlwhocouldfly chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Many artists tended to perfect the person they were painting, much like modern-day photoshop. I like how the speaker wanted to be painted as she saw herself. She wanted the world to see her as she really is.
This is a beautiful poem and captures so much emotion. Well done!
Ravenclaw Nyoka chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
_ the epicness is over 9,000! great job I was awestruck by the feelings that your poem created :) thanks for sharing
bookppl93 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Amazing job

xx
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
A good piece because you capture that essence whereby the speaker in the poem wants to be noticed "warts and all" which gives the poem such honesty. I loved the imagery. This is what I would call your finest masterpiece.
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
First of all I'd like to apologize for not reviewing this sooner. I'm sure I got the alert, I just didn't catch it.

I wish I had read this earlier it is a wonderful poem, it just blows my mind away that you can create such beautiful piece of art. It's like you read the mood of my mind when you wrote this, I drew a picture to try to describe what I had in my head because I couldn't word it right, and you did a fantastic job at describing it. You make me jealous. ;)

I saw one mistake.
Valenteen chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Hey-this is really good. Very powerful, emotive language and imagery. Makes you reflect over- I'm doing this now.
Shauni Cooper chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
I am speechless. The imagery is brilliant, and you got me reflecting yet again. What is it about your poems that are so moving and inspiring? No words...absolutely speechless. Well done! :)

As always, keep writing!

-Shauni
thetabbykitteh chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This is good.
JaredDean chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Great feeling. Well done.
Lolitroy chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
You really got talent for rhyming :O Btw your poem was nice, you do tell the truth
Craig Thorpe chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
This was really good as it used imagery to a great effect
Eleantris chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Wow, this was absolutely breathtaking! Definitely one of your best poems yet; it's amazing!

X :D
Eden Green chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
You've written so many poems lately, I can hardly keep up with the updates particularly as I don't come on as often, but as usual you do a pretty bang up job with your writing and painting with a few words, great imagery!

Well done!
the ticking clock chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
what a beautiful, moving poem! it's so haunting and so full of emotion. I love the descriptive words you choose!

can i ask you a favor? I wrote a poetic-piece called Reflection. I'm not much of a poet, and I know you're a very talented writer when it comes to poetry. Would you mind taking a look at it for me?
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
...Absolutely lost for words.