Reviews for BladeArc
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 25 . 1/29/2013
[And it was also said that Rio seemed to love seeing girls hurting each other, calling it some kind of exotic fetish]

-Heh heh heh, channeling the dark side of your fetish eh, Louis? It's okay, *pats on the back* everyone has one. ;)

[an explosion occurred. Yeah, that usually happened.]

-Yep. Shounen style fights always end up that way.

...

BAHAHAHAHA! I knew it Louis! You must be smiling like a hyena when you wrote that plan right!

["PLEASE HAVE MY BABIES NOW!"]
I'm concerned now, are you on crack when you wrote this? Those ogre ladies are acting a little out of character.
...

BUT HECK, BINGO AGAIN! YUUTO HAS AN ARMY FOR HIS HAREM!

I AM NOW A MILLIONAIRE!

[My possible future self, [the Black Reaper] was still out there, cursing and hating my existence for his grief and suffering]

-Wrong, he's cursing you for relieving the opportunities that he never took. If he had the second chance, he would have a harem army already! That's why he wanted to kill you Yuuto, don't you get it?!
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 24 . 1/29/2013
Before everything, congratulations for the 190th review of Bladearc! Well it's not 200th yet but I just wanted to say it anyway.

Breasts are not a problem but horns are?!
Kamui, I WANT YOU!

And please don't be a pervert at this moment Yuuto, you just ruined the build-up of your epicness in your last chapter.

And they get conveniently captured and thrown into the gladiator ring. Ah well. Wait, that was Kamui's plan right. Naiz, IMMA READY MORE ACTION.

On a slightly random note:

["Yuuto… Kobayashi…?" Nanase frowned. "It sounds like an ogre's name.]
-Pffftt! I now deem Yuuto as the DARK ORGE!
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 23 . 1/29/2013
Damn it Yuuto, this is what happens when you don't make up your feelings and confess earlier!

Not that I am one to talk actually.

I don't like where this is going, with Yuuto trying out the chants of his future dark self. And yet I like it, with all the potential tragic undertones. What an oxymoron.

Heh, I'm not too surprised by Leonard's declaration of war. Wars have been fought over the most stupidest of things. It riles me actually. Is glory and honour that important as compared to a simple peace and having 3 meals with your loved ones?

I think I am spoiling myself a bit by checking out the future chapters names and Edge's overall review. One Man Army? looks like that defining moment of badass. Can't wait to get there.

Another example of repetition that could be altered:
[And Martha would always give me an understanding smile as she saw my devastated state when I saw Ennis in her comatose state]

- Two instances of state in the same sentence. So a suggestion:
"And Martha would always give me an understanding smile as I watched Ennis sleep on with a crestfallen expression."
Key thing to tell yourself is that if you are scared of over-repeating, check the sentences for information being given. If the reader is already told a particular bit of information, you don't have to state it again a few sentences down the line since he/she can imply it as such. Or if you don't mind my shoddy skills, I can help out a little.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 22 . 1/29/2013
The harem is one forgiving bunch, aren't they? Well, it reflects on your kind-hearted character as an author, so I respect that. If it was me... hehhehheh

...

Refers back to Chapter Seven review.

Finally, Bladearc is about to ascend from a fantasy harem to new level of awesome!

Seriously, even if the plot reminds me a little of Terminator with the use of the time device, it's a very good plot device to use. I'm not too concerned about the grandfather time paradox argument that could potentially arise from this. In fact, I'm not that fussed about sniffing plot holes. I'm more concerned about the future conflicts between the future Yuuto and the Yuuto now, and the character development.

Anyway, this could really become EPIC! I'm getting really hyped now.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 21 . 1/29/2013
*Facepalm*

Yuuto, you got drunk?! Despite never trying out liquor before? I'm speechless...
There was nothing fun about being drunk for me. I simply got delirious and muttered nonsense.
And those goddamn headaches.
Never touching liquor again.

[While she still had her occasional tsundere moments, she treated me with kindness]
- Ennis, you are way too gentle as a tsundere. Kick the shit out of Yuuto more!

[by being there is enough]
-YYYESSSS. This phrase is full of win. Why don't people who love each other realize that more often?

Miya. TOO MUCH FANSERVICE. My nose cannot take it.
...

Bingo. Where are my winnings?! I should be a rich man by now!

Just a little feedback about sentence redundancies and repetition. Since other reviewers have already commented, I won't go into detail. But here's one way you can reduce them, take this example for instance:

[I said as we went towards the gondola service. The price was reasonable and both of us could have a ride on the gondola. So, after renting a gondola, I was the one who was tasked to row the gondola towards the middle of the lake.]

There are four instances of gondola. For me, what I would do is to eliminate the redundant ones after the gondola service, since it can be easily implied that they were talking about the gondola. So the sentence would be changed to something like this:

"I said as we went towards the gondola service. Both of us could ride due to the reasonable price. After doing the renting, I was the one who was tasked to row the gondola towards the middle of the lake"

There, you have two instances of gondola eliminated. But you can actually change the last "gondola" to another synonym like "boat" to reduce the repetition.

Hope the advice helps!
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 20 . 1/29/2013
... at this rate, Yuuto is going to have an army for his harem.

Bird messenger? Crow? Lmao, this is like Edgar Allan Poe on crack. BUT I LIKE!

And having an entire harem ask the main man out for a date for no apparent reason, and on the same day, is a forced plot device. BUT I LIKE!

I know Edge has already quoted this, but I must quote it again. This is so damn true:
[one wise guy once said that whatever that could go wrong, would always go wrong.]

And I know I said that I am cynical, but I'm faced with such a situation, I'll probably do the same thing myself. Not that it's going to ever happen T.T

CLONES?! Yuuto, you let yourself be cloned and let one of your clones be a plaything without knowing his predicament? For all you know, you might get ***raped and become traumatised when the missing metal link is forged.

Speculation time: The five Yuutos and their dates meet each other in a comedy of errors. No... that would be too light-hearted and slapstick. Perhaps something more sinister to do with the 6th, who is the plaything. Come to think of it, is the Qwinn the [Reaper] in disguise?
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 19 . 1/29/2013
Morgan Fay? Morgan le Fay?
- Nice Arthurian reference. You really have a way with names. Fits well considering what her grandfather is named.

[If you wish to see my true strength, you are free to look at it. Don't be shy. I'm sure you'll enjoy it]
- I read this dirtily. And then started laughing non-stop for five minutes. Sorry Louis, I just couldn't resist.

And what the hell, Yuuto? You lost just because of a seductress comment? MAN UP BUDDY!

Kamui's backstory was heartbreaking, but I would have preferred Yuuto to just hug her in response instead of saying anything. Sometimes the silent gesture works better than any words.

And of course it leads to FANSERVICE CHANSU!

Nice line from Yuuto at the end. Finally, he's emitting some badass aura. I APPROVE.
Katsurou Shimizu chapter 18 . 1/29/2013
And it's good to be back. Seriously, reading Bladearc once more is like meeting an old friend. I've forgotten how nice Yuuto is as a person, and of course his cute interactions with his harem. I admit when I read it last time, I was feeling a bit cynical because I wouldn't be that nice if it were me. But why judge? What's wrong with being nice? Anyway, just a little ramble here.

I'm a bit tempted to ring up the harem statistics like Edge do, but nah. I think he's doing a good enough job.

Anyway, this chapter introduced a LOT of characters at one go. Yep, of course it's for the purpose of the meeting between the sovereigns, but people with terrible memories like me would have a hard time keeping up. Perhaps it might be possible if you include a glossary or appendix to detail these characters so that I can refer to them from time to time. It's kinda feasible too, since you are writing a fantasy epic like this.

I have to say that I like the drama bits, especially during the end conversation between Yuuto and Liara. It's sort of ironic how one got his wish of becoming a dark superhero or something while the other just wishes to be normal. I can really relate personally because within me, there's a wish to become a popular singer in the region (I'm not bad with my vocals you know), but a popular singer like Jay Chou might think otherwise (Just refer to his MVs which depict his desire to be away from the attention paparazzi).

Goddamn it, now I want a girl like Liara.
bradpara chapter 10 . 1/23/2013
Hmmmmmmm Yuuto looks like he is buildng up quite a harem here ;-)
bradpara chapter 9 . 1/14/2013
Ah, Tsundereness is so funny. It try to give a little touch of that to Kimi in my story.

Nice to see Yuuto get a bro.
bradpara chapter 7 . 1/14/2013
Another story I have been meaning to pick up again.

So he is a Dark Knight, Huh. Very interesting. Also I don't think we have heard the last of the Reaper.
DevilPogoStick chapter 3 . 1/13/2013
Well, Ennis leaves much to explain about the setting and how the world functions which helps quite a bit to know such knowledge without being confused in future chapters so that's good.

Also, it is interesting that a theory of Yuuto being here is shown and may be even possible.

And Ennis is such a Tsundere. XD
kingofe3 chapter 10 . 1/13/2013
I knew the Oni girl would come back sooner or later. Awesome she can generate electricity.
kingofe3 chapter 9 . 1/13/2013
Seeing Ennis act out like that was a surprise. And yeah for a new character.
kingofe3 chapter 8 . 1/13/2013
This was a nice chapter for character development. I liked it.
371 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »