Reviews for BladeArc
TheFreeEdge chapter 36 . 12/8/2013
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

ENNIS YOU NECROPHILE! DUDE, HE'S LIKE DEAD! YOU DON'T KISS CORPSES!

I mean, sure, he was alive, BUT SHE THINKS HE'S DEAD! WHAT IF HE REALLY WAS?! SHE WOULD HAVE KISSED A CORPSE!

Ennis shall now be addressed as necrophile. "What in the world", indeed. Oh wait, that detail was in the last chapter. Must've missed it.

But shouldn't Claire or Yuuto point out how creepy that is?! I'd damn well expect Yuuto to go,

"D-Did she just kiss me even though she thinks I'm a corpse? I don't know whether to be creeped out or flattered..."

Actually, there's a plot hole here. Since Yuuto was alive the whole time, shouldn't Claire be able to tell? Her Domination Mark should have appeared immediately, right? Or is it some deal with the subconscious? Huh? And Ennis. Shouldn't she be able to tell he was breathing when she kissed him?

Oh, Rule Of Awesome.

I did love the lampshading on how hard it is to play dead...

Teehee. Yuuto's banging Death, but he's in love with Ennis, so that's why he always cheats death! HE'S CHEATING ON DEATH!

Oh, King Jerk got taken down kinda easily. Thought it'd be a grander battle. Whatever.

*cough* By the way, Kamui, Yuuto does have a third arm. It's between his legs.

Okay, what the hell is with the HAREM CONVERSATION in a sea of DEAD PEOPLE?! Damn man, totally inappropriate!

Oho. Ho. Ho. That shocker with the giant worm in the end. I'd be going HOLY SHIT... If didn't see it coming a mile away. C'mon, that guy's been missing for so damn long. His weapons have EEEEEVIL names. He was obviously secretly evil that he might as well have worn a shirt that said NOT EVIL TRUST ME.

Well, about time the giant worm showed up. It could've used a better a build up, but how sudden it happened is quite worthy of shock. So, let's get this plot thread started!
TheFreeEdge chapter 35 . 12/8/2013
Whee, Yuuto is back in action!

But it would have been awesome if he said,

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

Metal Gear Solid reference...

Y'know, despite my shipper vibes going against YuutoxEnnis, it IS a well done pairing that's well explored, psychologically speaking. They're not in love because they want to protect each other, they're in love because they are. That's love. RABU. They can't explain it well either, which is hyperrealistic. Props to you.

And what the hell is with that line, Yuuto?!

"Well, I got better..."

If I were you, I'd use a badass phrase to strike terror into King Jerk!

"I've crawled out of the depths of hell to drag you back with me."

Mmm hmm.

Y'know, I wonder why you went for Claire's POV this chapter. I think it'd be better if you went for Ennis'. Her man just died. The person she hated is comforting her. There's a barrage of emotions to be found here, all wrapped in a package of stoicism for there is a battle coming their way.

Well, I guess Claire's POV was easier to do. It's hard to write from the perspective of a tsundere.

Harem statistics. YUUTO ADDS AN UNDEAD ARMY TO HIS HAREM! GO SHADOW NINJA DEMONS! YOUR HIPS DON'T LIE!
TheFreeEdge chapter 34 . 12/8/2013
I swear, I cringe at every time I see the word 'Onii-chan'. Could I also go Hokuto Shinken on how greatly this reminded me of SAO? Please? Ugh... Okay, not entirely, but it's still there.

My problem with Kururururururururumi is that her relationship with Yuuto isn't strained. He's always angsting about his shitty life, but from what we see and what you show, it seems... Decent. I've seen broken households, his is pretty good. He's got a good life going. See, it's angst dissonance.

I don't actually get why he thinks of himself as a loser. There's not enough gestures in this chapter to support that one fact. You had the real world chapter, but it wasn't used to hammer down our hero's insecurities.

Instead, we got an imouto character. I don't mind them, but Yuuto's behavior about how his life is like contrasts with how it is. I thought she'd be stuck up or pompous but... Oh well.

Oh, question but how is he not dead? The [Reaper] doesn't know either? Geez. What a tool.

Harem... Statistics... Why. Is. There. An. Imouto. Character. In. My. Harem. Why.

BECAUSE INCEST IS WINCEST!

Bluuuuurgh...
TheFreeEdge chapter 33 . 12/8/2013
Haha, y'know, the last time I named a chapter, Memento Mori, I killed off a main character too. The difference is that he didn't come back alive.

Toughest foe you have faced, you say, Leonard? My ass, you kicked his ass pretty hard.

I'd be crying for Ennis, but since I'm a YuutoxGoliath shipper, I'm not too keen on mourning her lost. That, and we all know Yuuto's coming back.

Oh, and nice narration from Claire. If I were you, I'd make Yuuto's death final and give Claire the main character spot.

Harem statistics? King Jerk is now part of Yuuto's harem!
TheFreeEdge chapter 32 . 12/8/2013
GOLIATH IS THE GREATEST CHARACTER IN THIS STORY AND NOW I VOTE FOR YUUTOXGOLIATH INSTEAD OF YUUTOXCLAIRE.

FUCK YEAH GIANT ROBOTS!

Okay, getting criticizing, I guess the war scene could have done better. It would be very dramatic if the war had already reached Davren, and the battle was taking place in the kingdom itself. More pressure, more destruction. But the point behind the battle was to stop them from reaching the kingdom, so...

Next up, King Leonard. FINALLY SOMEONE HAS THE SMARTS TO HIT SOMEONE MID-SENTENCE. The problem with skills and abilities here is that they need to be chanted. Obviously, SOMEONE needed to start hitting people before the spell could be said. Very smart. You've shown that King Jerk is no pushover. In fact, he took down Yuuto who had regenerative powers!

Alright, let's get to the next chapter!

Harem statistics?

Today, Yuuto is romancing a giant robot! Oh, and he also got his heart broken! Literally.
kingofe3 chapter 16 . 12/8/2013
Can't tell if Yuuto is being more open or has gain a liking to seeing Ennis blush a million times. I, of course, don't like it as making her say "idiot" countless times downs her character. Still a good chapter nonetheless.

Another member joins the Harem Warriors! *plays official theme song*
kingofe3 chapter 15 . 12/8/2013
Holy shipping galore! Particularly every moment in this chapter assisted the Yuuto x Claire ship. Glad we ended knowing all of her reasoning for doing what she did, pretty understandable. So far, I'm liking her more than a lot of female characters already.

Again cliche dialogue, but the fights are still good.
kingofe3 chapter 14 . 12/8/2013
Um, have to say, lots of repetition in here. Felt some things didn't need to be stated and the pace was a bit fast. Did enjoy was little of what was the fight between Ennis and Claire.

Did think Yuuto's mind process during this chapter, considering this is first person, wasn't clean cut. I read a bit like third person to me.

And no, the reveal of him being she wasn't a surprise. w7 Still want to know her reasons for doing all of this. Probably assigned to by a higher power or something.
kingofe3 chapter 13 . 12/8/2013
Um, everyone seriously thinks Claire is a guy? I mean, sure I figured out his real gender from artwork you posted, but come on. Did no one see this girl changing or something?! /smack for idiotic question

Anyway, good chapter and nice little fight in the beginning. Guess the [the Reaper] and Yuuto 's battle shall come another time. T.T

The backstory with Claire is indeed interesting, but I don't think Ennis should be that antsy towards him because of their families' past. Though, the ending of this chapter has me thinking there's some sort dark side to Claire.
DevilPogoStick chapter 19 . 12/8/2013
Well, again the fights are good. I like how they flow with the sword play and magic use.

And thank god, I'm glad we cleared the air about the Kamui and killing issue for Yuuto at least. Now...If only Miya is there...

And Yuuto, that was...Alright of a taunt at the end...Even though you're not killing them and mention Hell. XD

Katsurou Shimizu chapter 30 . 12/8/2013
(Damn it, I hate FP for removing the copy-paste function, so I'll be lazy and quote partially, m'kay?)

Yo, Louis-sama, I'm back. Prepare yourself.

Ah, recap at the start of the chapter for lazy readers like me. Much appreciated *w*

And fanservice scene at the plight of a poor female character. Some things just don't change in Bladearc, don't they? ;)

[Well, I had fought an army before...]
- Classic Yuuto deadpan. ;)

[Eh?]
- "JOIN MY HAREM!" and then belting out that harem warriors song would have been a more appropriate response.

Seconds Edge's comments about Vivio and Yuuto being a gigolo (for uniqueness sake, I shall be different! *wind blows my handsome hair*)

Ennis' reaction to Yuuto's new occupation is a lot milder than I would have expected though. Maybe she doesn't mind sharing her man. /shotkickedrocketedtothemoon
kingofe3 chapter 12 . 12/8/2013
Really like the character interactions in this chapter. I believe there is something behind Kamui's characters. w

Swimming pool episode? owo Oho.

That ending has me hype to see what happens next. Though I expect Yuuto to win the deal. I sense his darker side coming in, which is much better than his current character.
DevilPogoStick chapter 18 . 12/8/2013
Dang...that tension of Miya and Kamui despite not mentioned was still sticking out like a sore thumb.

And again, someone actually apologizing for doing things without considering the consequences that they do regret! Amazing!

back then, Yuuto would have agreed but now, he can see that he might have a chance. A load of character development shown there.

And damn, what's with people unable to let go of past issues? I mean with Claire association with family, and the dark knight situation? People, he's not evil! O_o

DevilPogoStick chapter 17 . 12/8/2013
...Whoa, that's...Extreme.

I get what Kamui is saying but the thing is...She's really pushing Yuuto into something he's not really prepared or willing to do just yet.

I mean she apologized...But I doubt the others can see her the same way again.

...I really hope this doesn't have Ludd involved if the Reaper assessments of him are indeed true...

DevilPogoStick chapter 16 . 12/8/2013
...Yeah, saying idiot a lot is a tad too much for me. -w-

Nevertheless, again Ennis surprises me and admits her mistreatment of Claire was pretty damn unfair. And yay, relationship upgrade for Yuuto/Ennis! XD

And...Death ruins it by giving a hardcore tragic love story. Yay. -w-

371 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »