Reviews for The Heart Breaker Association
surrendertomusic chapter 36 . 11/30/2012
Wow! I was totally not expecting that visit from Diana.. But dang, this part in the story is (well in my opinion) one of the most important scenes now lol. I hope it's not too late for Charlie to realize how awesome and superduperly important Preston is though! D:
Guest chapter 36 . 11/30/2012
Great
Guest chapter 35 . 11/30/2012
so coool
Fate Rose chapter 36 . 11/30/2012
Holy shit today is literally the last day of NaNo for this year, like what the hell where did the time go? D: I’m not ready!

But I am ready for this chapter! :0 HBA will be done soon. Weird. That makes me sad. But happy, because yay, happy ending! But sad because it’s over. What will I read on fictionpress after this? CC, I suppose, but it’s not as intense as HBA has been. …I really ought to start typing both your stories all the way out. The Heart Break Association is four words and Cupid’s Collections is two. That’s more than one. I should type them out all the way from now on. Okay. In my last November review, if I have to refer to anything, it won’t be by acronym!

For a minute, I thought Ollie really was at a weird meeting with their parents and then I realized what he was actually doing. XD Silly me.

I know how you feel, Charlie! I never want to leave my bed. Although, that’s for entirely different reasons. My bed is warm and comfy. My room is cold. I don’t want to go to class. It’s the morning. So… not because I’m being sued for one hundred thousand dollars (words!) and am super broke and have the paparazzi bothering me. But I can kind of relate?

Her parents suck. Ollie is great.

Her parents really suck. Ollie is really great.

“There’s nothing left for me.” And feels. Great. Thanks for that.

She didn’t remember her? Weird. I guess she’s older and stuff.

Honestly, marriage *is* settling. Because dating, a lot of the time, is just waiting for the ‘next best thing’ or looking for ‘Mr. Right’. But Mr/Mrs. Right doesn’t exist, only ‘Mr./Mrs. Right for You’. So you’re not going to end up with the perfect person, you’re going to settle for someone. I think that’s half the reason the phrase is, ‘settle down’. (I’m a terrible, cynical human being, I know.)

Diana is sad. She needs a hug. WHY DO ALL YOUR CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ALWAYS NEED HUGS? D: Except Cecilia. She needs a face-punching. But these are concerns for another time I suppose. (For word count, you should write a one-shot where Charlie gets to punch her in the face. That would be cool. Oooor, you could write a one shot where you and I gone on a giant adventure across ASU, hugging characters who need it and punching Cecilia in the face. :D I like this idea.)

She’s sad, but she’s funny too. “He sounds very prissy but whatever floats your boat, kid.”

Pissy. Ahahahahahahahahaha. He’s kind of moody sometimes, too. Oh, that’s great. It’s just great.

… “he probably already has your heart. You won’t even notice that it’s gone until it’s too late and he’s gone.” Like Aurora and Cora! They won’t know that crazy bitch has Aurora’s heart until she’s dead! Well that’s unfortunate. (I literally thought of Once Upon a Time and all their collecting/stealing of hearts as I read this.)

We wouldn’t have Preston, but we wouldn’t know what we were missing.

I’m so up for another mid-week update! Although, you did rightfully threaten no more deals with your bitchy roommate (I hear she does terrible things to her poor innocent characters). XD But still… I’m up for another mid-week update! :D

Anywho, I just realized you won’t see this for a few hours and that makes me sad. How unfortunate.

Yule Ball tonight, whoo! (Just rambling at this point. Aiming for 600 words!)

Ah, by the way, you’re almost done with NaNo and YOU CAN DO IT, I KNOW IT, GO YOU! :D

Final word count: 618
Snow White's Dream chapter 35 . 11/30/2012
That last line. I'M DONE. I CAN'T TAKE THIS AWESOME WRITING I'M SO DONE ASDFGHKL
Nocturnal-Silver-Wolf chapter 35 . 11/29/2012
DAMN DAMN DAMN PRESTON BETTER GO BACK TO CHARLIE.
NOW YOU BETTER UPDATE NOW! :D
RomanticTeen chapter 35 . 11/29/2012
Okay so I just realized(from your profile)that you are actually from Arizona. I am too and whenever I saw a city name I was like ohh...I know where that is and I thought you had just researched the information but no...you live there :P
Cornerofoysters chapter 35 . 11/29/2012
I think Preston will lend her the money to pay the university
Only waiting to see it
Update soon
Amy90 chapter 35 . 11/29/2012
Ollie really is a great brother. He probably stopped a witch hunt.
So now the question is, what will Preston do with all this new information?
Can't wait! :)
Fate Rose chapter 35 . 11/28/2012
So, this is like the first time that we’re both openly reviewing at the same time. No attempting to ninjaly review while the other isn’t paying attention. It’s kinda strange, but at the same time, it’s not. It gives me something to look forward to when I finish my review. Because you’ll definitely finish first, there’s no doubt in my mind. You read and review way faster than I do. Plus, I have the attention span of a small child and I can almost guarantee that I *will* get distracted while I’m trying to do this. Yeah…
This is the first time in like forever that I’m reviewing when you update, too. Nifty. :D
Now, onto actually oh I don’t know, reading.

“men like me” That’s such a weird thought. We’re in college. These are men. It sounds so old! It’s so weird.

Ah! The guy beside him! It’s Ollie! Aaaaah!

Who the hell released the records? D: That sounds completely unethical. Someone needs to be fired.

He introduced himself as Oliver, but I totally read Ollie at first. I accidently reread it and noticed what my brain did. XD

“Ah, you’re the one.” Lol. Subtle, Ollie. Subtle.

This makes sense, but it still seems super weird that Ollie and Preston are talking. After all, “he doesn’t even go here!”

It’s like an angry mob. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to gather them all together?

Well of course Ollie agrees with him! That’s his baby sister. Even after everything, he still loves her. Hell, he still loves his parents. He’s a pretty amazing dude.

And, I just got distracted by my own word doc. Oooh and now I have a facebook notification. I’m telling you, I’m a child.

And I’m back. Not that it matters to you. You read this all at once but yeah. I have to pee. I’ll do that after I finish the chapter! :D But of course, someone will totally be in the shower then because that’s how life goes. *sigh*

Ooh! I totally guessed that amount right! Go me!

Lol. Preston’s like “Oh hey Charlie’s brother. Didn’t know that.”

And sure enough, there’s the shower…

‘only 100,000’ Right. Only. I’ll probably never see that much money, ever. Jesus.

Ollie is just a master of subtlety, isn’t he? BUT ASDFJKL; THIS WAS ADORABLE.

“I don’t want to be.” I think my heart just melted at the cuteness. Holy crap I love this boy. And Ollie is just like the best big brother in the history of ever. Why are your men so damn flawless, woman?

I liked this chapter a lot! It was freaking adorable. Which probably wasn’t what you were going for but that’s how I feel. Just all these Preston and Ollie feels and ah. They’re great. Both of them. I love everything about these boys. Preston is so freaking cute. I want him… Yep. I’d take Ollie too though.

It, for some odd reason, just occurred to me that if your characters met you, they’d probably punch you in the face. Assuming they knew who you were. But your characters from this particular story probably aren’t very fond of you. (If it makes you feel better, my characters would probably murder me. Yours would be much friendlier.) But yeah. So maybe that hugging mission wasn’t a good idea. Drat. Well, I suppose Preston won’t need hugs for much longer. And Ollie already seems to be doing okay. Cecilia could still use a face punch, but meh. I’ll take the victories I can get.

Oh, yay. Shower’s empty. :D

Final word count: 612

P.S. I can’t wait for Friday’s update! Whoo!
Fate Rose chapter 34 . 11/27/2012
Yay for counting reviews in word count! :D I really don’t have too much to ramble about here in the beginning, so I’ll keep it brief, we’re still freshmen, your hair is still brown, mine is blue, and you’re sitting about eight feet away from me right now. On to the chapter!

Note: I really like the chapter title. “The Forgiven” It makes me happy. I have hope for a happy chapter. Please don’t disappoint me. I don’t know if I can handle all those feels. D:

I hate the reporters. They’re vultures, man! Vultures! And they’re questions are mean and awful and I don’t like them. :c

FEELS. DAMN YOU I DIDN’T WANT MORE FEELS. And I’m only at the parking lot.

"Because you're ten times the person that I will ever be." Eff you. My heart is broken now. Thanks for that. I totally wanted all these feels. Jesus, woman.

"But I know you're not heartless-"
"Like you."
LIKE GERMANSAM. D: All the feels.

I spy with my little eye (couldn’t resist) room for a sequel! XD Not that you want to write one, but it’s there. It’s. There. Like right there, in your face, completely possible.

“Well this just got twice as interesting.” Nice bit of humor in there. He’s such a big brother. Even when he’s mad at her. It’s adorable.

“It never starts out being perfect. It’s got to start out being something.” Awesome quote. Seriously awesome.

All these complicated feelings. I know what that’s like! Charlie just needs some ice-cream. That’ll help. It won’t fix things, but it really does help.

:c She has other issues. Poor Charlie. Her life just went to shit. I mean, it’s not surprising. The HBA could not have a happy ending. It just couldn’t.

Ollie is perfect. He’s such a great big brother. I’ll marry him. He’s attractive. Maybe not Preston attractive, but still attractive. He’s also rich. Yeah… I’ll marry Ollie. He needs a wife. I’m sort of single. This sounds like a good plan. You can be my maid of honor. We’ll elope in Vegas so I don’t have to deal with his batshit crazy family. I like this plan. Let’s do it.

PRESTON’S POINT OF VIEW IS THE NEXT CHAPTER ASDFJKL; YES.

Ollie really is awesome.

Lulz, I just pictured like what it would be like if you just randomly threw in a chapter in Cecilia’s point of view. It would be so awful, but definitely very interesting. But I much prefer the Preston chapter. I might take you up on that bargain again. We’ll see how I feel after the shower that I really need to take.

I did enjoy! I love Ollie! He’s such a sweetheart. And maybe my new husband. You up for a Vegas trip? Well, if Ollie has a car. If not, I guess I’ll just have to stay married to Destiny.

(Five years from now, you’ll reread this and wonder why you were friends with such a strange person. You’ll also question my sanity and wonder if I’m on drugs. While I can’t speak to the sanity- I don’t have the answer there, I can definitely inform you that I’m not on drugs.)

Final word count: 550
This review is rather short, but words are words so yay! :D
Guest chapter 34 . 11/23/2012
great chapter and yes, thanks for the double updates this week! i really liked this tender chapter between ollie and charlie. despite all of the turmoil, you ended things on a positive note and it gives hope for charlie's future. great job!
stuck in bed chapter 34 . 11/23/2012
I was like, "An update already?" and then I realized it was friday. Not that I'm complaining. I'm glad that Charlie and Ollie got everything patched up. And I really, really can't wait until the next chapter comes out! FROM PRESTON'S POINT OF VIEW. At least...that's what I think. But it's the predictable/hopeful one, so...

Hope you have a great week as well!
Amy90 chapter 34 . 11/23/2012
Ollie is really a cool brother. I totally loved this chapter!
funnechick chapter 34 . 11/23/2012
So...I was thinking, when all those reporters were asking questions. She could give one of those "tell all" interviews. Magazines and entertainment shows pay a lot of money for those. Maybe enough to pay the school back? Or maybe not...what could make the school drop the charges...maybe if one of the "cases" (guys) were to try to sue the school for helping to fund and house the club...unless they drop Charlie's charges?

Well, anyway, Ollie is amazing! He really is a sweetie and deserves an awesome girl.
362 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »