Reviews for Movie Night
lamourlibre chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
I really enjoyed the style of this poem, but the voice stood out to me as being particularly great. There's a lot of smaller details and things I could analyze about the narrator. You've done a spectacular job at revealing a lot about the narrating character without saying much about him/her.
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
What really stood out to me with this was how bitter the narrator was. I was really surprised because you've got this listed has humor. But I honestly didn't think this was humorous. Most of this seemed to be a list of everything that's wrong with the movie industry and why going to the movies is a waste of money. I'm not going to agree or disagree with your point here, because that's neither here nor there. Based some other writing, like the one about oil and the one about women, I guess this should surprise me. I definitely wasn't expecting this, in any case.

But to talk about the poem as a poem and not analyze any of the messages/themes in it, I think this is pretty good. Your word choice was effective and your structure was clean. There wasn't a lot of imagery or metaphor/simile in this but I think that only made the narrator's voice come out more. And since I'm assuming it's a guy who's narrating (based on his/her opinion about the "hot commodity") I think that lack of frilly/descriptive words worked for you. It was a good choice to just let his rage/bitterness/disillusionment speak out for him without anything else helping it along.
Punslinger chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Your vivid description comes uncomfortably close to some movie dates I've had. Actually, this girl seems more lively than a few I've sat next to. Well done. However, I think the success of a horror movie should be judged not on its quality, but if it scares the chick enough for her to fling herself into the guy's arms.
gmagirl chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
this is really good. and it is cute, too. keep it up! :)
tiger002 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Yay overly done plot lines. Oh, more parody ideas!
Self-DissectedPsyche chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Wonderfully whimsical; I absolutely LOVE the style of this piece. The narrative is great and comically paced, and the ending so just so sweet and down to earth. This is a charming scene you have so masterfully captured. Damn fine job.
SirScott chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This one brought a smile to my face. Everything you said about dating and movies is true.

SirScott