Reviews for Civilized Hatred
C.S. Johnson chapter 23 . 5/26/2013
I must say. It took me two different sittings to read the entire thing (I had to go to my church's evening service), but I read the whole story in one day.

May I just say: That was absolutely amazing.

I must say, the characters aren't totally my favorite, but the plot and how well-written the story was? Looovvee I was definitely quite emotionally attached to the story. The suspense, especially; good grief. My heart has been thumping in my ribcage so many different times during this story. Whenever something happened, I totally freaked.

But anyways. It's past 1AM now as I write this, so I am really not in the mood to elaborate on how much I liked the plot, as I have two more completed romance stories to finish before I tackle on a long day of homework to...day.

I bid you well!
Carmel March chapter 23 . 3/5/2013
Absolutely fantastic ending to the story. I loved it. It was incredibly satisfying and well-suited to the story. Thanks so much for sharing this with us! Keep on writing, because you've got a gift :)
WeasleyTwinsAreMyLife chapter 23 . 2/25/2013
AMAZING story! I agree that you should publish this as a book, I am sure people would love it. Congrats on your finished story:)
Banwen i maethril chapter 23 . 2/25/2013
Oh my gosh, YAY! Such an amazing story and good ending too. Loved how Rebekah reacted when Brendon finally told her he loved her, something I kind of expected from her since she seemed very rational. I really do hope to see more stories from you, this was really good!

Banwen i maethril
xoxo
leavesfallingup chapter 23 . 2/24/2013
A most excellent and enjoyable story. Thank you for writing it and thank you for sharing it with us. I love the idea that they eventually set up house in a hill under the tree. Had Rebekah not read the diary before it was stolen, it would have been their final ending place anyway, so perhaps it is fitting.

Correction: "Tabitha Pratcher was the king of person" should be "kind"
leavesfallingup chapter 22 . 2/24/2013
Women are such fractious an' difficult creatures! 'ere the poor, daft man works 'imself int' a frenzy, even a paroxism o' luv an' all the poor wee man gets in return is "I like you. Oh, an' by the way, you shud cum ta London sumtime or other."... Now what's that supposed to mean?
Carmel March chapter 21 . 2/19/2013
I can't wait to find out how you wrap everything up. I love a story that can keep me guessing. I can't tell you how rare it is to find that!
pandachick97 chapter 21 . 2/18/2013
Holy shit! Update soon, i think that rebecka will shay in. Barton whileher family goes back to london and her and brendon will get together i cant wait to find out
leavesfallingup chapter 21 . 2/17/2013
It is sad to die like that, but not as sad as it would have been for her to spend her life in prison or be publicly hanged. She was more than a little demented, but the public trial would have been cruel to her parents.

I sense that Rebekah will not wish to return to London. Will Brendon speak up or will he have to chase her to the city?
Carmel March chapter 20 . 2/8/2013
I must admit - you got me! I didn't think it was going to be Tabitha. I love stories that take me by surprise!

Amazing chapter. I don't want this story to come to an end, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how you wrap everything up. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Roka Polaris chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Now I eventually found a way of reading this more comfortably then on the screen, which this story really deserves. It is the perfect story to curl up with in bed on a rainy day. I have read a few chapters so far and I am going to comment more later on. Now just as much that I am really enjoying this. (And also like your little comments that you sometimes make on the end of the chapters)
As far as the first one - I really think you could do more awful things then getting inspired by Romeo and Juliet ;-) Shakespear's works are so universal and there are so many ideas in them that can be played with the one or the other way (and having read on, it is really just the main idea that you have gotten ispired with, as far as I can tell so far)

So far I have not really found anything to critizise, I can tell you have worked on this for quite a bit on this, also as far as the research part is concerned ... Chapeau! I really feels greatly authentic, every bit of it, as far as I am able to judge that.
And I really like the way you are building your characters too, they all seem more-dimensional, no-one is only perfect or only flawed - interesting personalities that I would like to follow further on through this story. :-)
leavesfallingup chapter 20 . 2/5/2013
A very intense chapter. I was wondering how they were going to escape, considering the fact that nobody else there knew where they went to. Hopefully Uncle Mark knew where the secret passage was?

You got me. I suspected the pastor, but not the daughter.
leavesfallingup chapter 19 . 2/5/2013
I'm not surprised that someone was waiting for them. The diary must have offered the same information. Either that or one of the two was followed. But if the families knew of this, then why did they start the feud? Did the secret get lost before the castle was burned?
leavesfallingup chapter 18 . 2/5/2013
ooops! Daddy's home... and he isn't going to be happy!
leavesfallingup chapter 17 . 2/5/2013
An excellent chapter, only one problem: Although scientists discovered that there were different types of blood in 1875, it wasn't until 1901 that Karl Landsteiner categorized them as we know them today. Even then blood-typing was not used in criminal investigation or accepted as proof of guilt in any court until the 1920's (and no, it wasn't Sherlock Holmes who did this)

The treasure hunt is fun. The mystery of the third family is intriguing. On to the next chapter.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »