Reviews for Magic Master
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
LOVELY! This poem certainly makes readers think. Very very nice, keep it up :D
Punslinger chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
This is an interesting, thought-provoking speculation on something that we will never fully understand. A scientist once told me that he wasn't supposed to admit it, but the true purpose of science is to read God's mind. I think poets have a better chance of doing that.
Maverick87 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I like the tongue in cheek attack on Religion. I also agree with this poem not just theme but in accuracy.

People praise God for the good, and the for the bad, he's just mysterious. I think it's foolish to disregard negatives as nothing more than the will of a loving God.

I think "an audience who thinks he's still onstage, hiding behind the drapes" is the best line here. What is magic but merely an illusion? You played it well.

Short and sweet too. That's always nice for the impatient.
punctured.lungs chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
asldfh. oh my gosh. i love this. so much. you don't even know how much i love this.
Self-DissectedPsyche chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
I like this comparison, and how you presented it. Very cynical, but it amuses you, doesn't it? The metaphor is simple, and states a humorously candid opinion. I like that.
continuous brevity chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
i just love this. so clever and beautiful and true.
Demortem chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
I figured I'd drop by a review.

Short but thought-provoking. Very imaginative metaphors you've thrown in there, I wonder how theists could interpret this free verse... This was the best topping of the cake, in my opinion: "Disappearing in clouds of smoke

as he's awarded a standing ovation

by an audience who thinks

he's still onstage,

hiding behind the drapes." Ha. So freaking true.