Reviews for Fear
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
gain, I'd recommend you format that title, but from the last poem, I assume you've improved that of late.

I don't like the rhythm of this because it seems too restrained for the theme it explores; it doesn't really portray /fear/.

I like the lines [To stand up and stare it down / Or to run and lose] because they invoke a real literary image/connection...it even stands out from the king reference, because it's that much more encompassing, that much more wide-reaching. One thing it reminds me of is the last book of Deltora Quest 3. It reminds me of other (perhaps more as Rodda is an Aust. JF writer) works as well, but I just can't place the names right now. The way you've done this remind me of Eliot in a way.
my.life.is.over chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I'm running out of things to say in these reviews... all that I can say is... DAMN. And HOLY SHIT. Amazing.
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I love the "scatter like flies" part.

...WTF is kneelt?

Nice poetry. Wish I could write it, cheers. :P

-REB
walls-have-ears chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
A good, motivational poem you have written here, and I'm glad you decided to write another one!

A few things, however, line three, :'Before it we have all kneelt' did you mean 'knelt'? Line 7, just a suggestion but could you put a comma in between king and fear, so it's: Like a king, fear wears a crown'. Line 9, apostrophe in 'fears clown', because it's as if clown is fear's possession, so an apostrophe would be ideal.

But overall, the meaning was the main highlight.

This is actually quite motivational, remember that. Please write more like these, they're really good!
Sami Dial chapter 1 . 5/14/2012