Reviews for Heathens
AnonymousLily chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Lol! I loved this! The title makes the point that these boys will not accept the civilization they've been born in to. There's a magical undertone to this- as a female, I wish I had had the option of being a heathen when a child!
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Cute and done in a lovely manner. Keep it up :D
IcarusForgotten chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
once again, you have left me feeling awe-struck and speechless at how simply and effectively you can convey a point that has the allusive weight of a titan with no more than the sprinkling of feathers.
Punslinger chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I guessed it was a haiku even before you told us. And a very good one. Reminds me of when I was a boy dreaming I was Tarzan, living in a land where it was always Summer and clothes weren't needed.

P.S. Thank you for the compliment of adding me to your Favorite Authors list.
Self-DissectedPsyche chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Charming, and wonderfully open to interpretation. Within the haiku itself, I see a sort of Shel Silverstein type moment where the kids care more about their toys than clothing. In considering the title at face value, however, I find a metaphor with more serious connotations. Could man be labeled heathens because they value their personal possessions over themselves? This is exactly how haiku should be treated, well done.