Reviews for Page Wolf
Love reading your work,
Cheers,

Ham
JGrohn chapter 9 . 8/24/2012
This chapter was pretty unusual in the way that it didn't have a single piece of dialogue nor any human characters making an appearance. I see that you are going for something new, and it feels very refreshing as a change of pace.

JGrohn chapter 8 . 8/18/2012
It was a bold move to separate Wolf and Shadow. Did your alpha reader have something to say about it?

This chapter really marks a turning point in the story. Things change, and Wolf is growing more mature with the nature of things. A thought-provoking chapter.

Keep up with the good work.
E.T.Novem chapter 5 . 8/17/2012
Hello friend,

A good long time since I've visited your story and reading the few chapters thus far has been a wonderful experience for me. One error I read though;

"Wolf, Wart," started the Wolverine you each have two extra hours shoveling manure. That is after you see the nurse. All you did in there was continuous fidgeting. You obviously have been exposed to poison ivy." The pages ran to the nurse's tent.

I'm thinking you've forgot to put the punctuation proper. Other than that, the progress of your character's development has been well built. Not much to say thus far but only to read more.

I will let your know more soon. Keep on writing!

ET
Guest chapter 7 . 8/4/2012
An action-packed chapter. I love it.

The knife isn't supposed to be used like a impact weapon, like a staff. It's usually too short to play the distance game, and then the longer weapon usually wins (like in this case). You first get a hold of your opponent with the offhand before doing anything with the knife. Well, that's the difference between amateurs and experienced users. Of course, it also depends on the length of the knife. If it was a big hunting knife (like it probably was), then slashes from the outside may be good.

JGrohn chapter 6 . 7/23/2012
You seem to know pretty well how horses work, do you have any experience in dealing with them?

The Bear's comment was pretty funny in hindsight. In essence, it's "The fighting is real, except it isn't."

The relationship between Grace and Wolf is kinda peculiar, in a way. It's somewhere between friend and lover, but not really either, in my opinion. Or just a different type of "friend". It's hard to put it in words.

JGrohn chapter 5 . 6/30/2012
Poison ivy sounds like it's a major inconvenience. Never had the displeasure of dealing with it personally, as it probably doesn't even grow here.

Wayne's at it again, it seems. It's almost like he has nothing better to do than pick on Wolf.

JGrohn chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
When you mentioned a silk kimono and a very long bow, kyudo immediately popped into my head. It isn't a very well known art, but it added a nice touch to the chapter with it's flavor of philosophy and mystique.

Learning to live in the wilds is a very useful skill. But man, fishing barefoot in a cold, running stream? Doesn't sound like fun.

True hunger is about the worst that you can suffer. It can, and has driven many people insane.

JGrohn chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
Grace may very well turn out to be a lady after all, despite her initial words. But be careful not to instantly transform her into a socially perfect maiden. Not that I'm worried about that, but just a heads up - many people fall into the trap of too fast character development.

The Bear has always been one of my favorite characters. I wonder what's the native language of the Bear? I have a guess that it's one of the eastern European languages, maybe Russian.

The monkey metaphor is old but gold. Even if it's old, it's still very much worth it to keep it in mind.

JGrohn chapter 2 . 6/16/2012
Another valuable lesson for Wolf on teamwork and how to deal with people (Wayne) indirectly.

Also, I don't know why, but the title immediately reminded me of "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure". In any case, it was funny.

And as always, keep up the good work.
JGrohn chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
You picked up the story nicely right where it left off.

One thing to consider is the issue of chokes, a well-applied blood choke from behind will make someone lose consciousness in less than ten seconds. It could be as soon as three seconds, even. Of course, Grace probably wouldn't know the proper technique on that.
E.T.Novem chapter 3 . 6/7/2012
Hello my friend.

It has been long since I've last read your story and I am really sorry. Busy with work as usual haha.

Anyway, your writing is good as ever and I guess there is this kind of style that you always use in your story. it's unique to see nowadays too. Keep it up!

The lesson tht Bear said was really interesting and it also connects with the past events, so that's pretty commendable. i did not quite expect this. You must have thought very very thoroughly about this!

haha but well, it's still awesome as ever. By the way, did you draw that book image? It's pretty neat!

Alright then, till next time!

Keep writing!
E.T.Novem chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Hello friend.

I supposed I'm one of the first to read this story? Haha.

Anyway,

Good to see that you have finally released the sequel which I have pretty much looked forward to.

One error I've seen is your past tense in the prologue section. Nothing serious. Just one or two words with inconsistency of tenses.

Now about the story, I'm really impressed. I quite like your writing and I've believed it has improved by leaps and bounds compared to the first book. In this chapter, it also tells us that even with all the training, Wolf is still not prepared to wound and maybe kill anyone yet. He's a growing boy and it also shows us readers that he is human too. The conflict between the trapper was well written and I see no fault in that.

Well, job well done! It has kept me engrossed throughout and I congratulate you once again on the sequel!

Till next time, keep writing!
28 | « Prev Page 1 2