Reviews for Since You've Been Gone
RachaelFaye chapter 7 . 8/22/2012
I disagree. I don't think it sucked. It was a good filler.
RachaelFaye chapter 6 . 7/8/2012
Very good chapter, Jo. (Gosh. Imagine your name! Jo is so weird to me!) I liked the memory thing. Good to avow how they met. Readers could really use the back ground information. Cant wait for the next update(:
ElettraBelle chapter 5 . 6/22/2012
This is really touching. I was really touched at the first chapter. Your sense made me think as if it's real. I'd just like to point, that you should put 'Dots' and 'Commas' in some sentences. But, more than that, it's well-written. I would really love for to write memories of Ryan and Melissa together. That was just a suggestion. There are a lot of questions in my head! Like, how did Ryan die? And WHY? But hey! I don't want spoilers ( although I'm sure you're not gonna tell me any :P) Anyways, I really liked your story. Deserves to be in my and many others favourites. :)
RachaelFaye chapter 5 . 6/11/2012
I saw your story. And I'm not gonna lie. The only reason I even looked into it was because you posted it in my birthday.

I'm not sure what I expected. Suicide... its very difficult to write about. I have a story called After Effects on here that is somewhat similar.

I wont lie. I was pleasantly surprised. I really like this. You convey the emotions very well. Mel is such a unique character and the readers can easily connect with her. Ryan. Most people who commit suicide don't show how upset they truly are. You did a wonderful job at that.

I'm looking forward to more chapters. Update soon.
Since You've Been Gone chapter 5 . 6/11/2012
Great story so far :)

The letters are really realistic which can be hard to do :) This is written really well so keep writing! :)
VivianTheUnicorn chapter 4 . 6/5/2012
This is such a beautiful and touching story, and the work definitely paid off - this is my favourite chapter so far. I think that in this letter you really begin to feel the emotion felt by Mel.

As far as constructive criticism goes, the only thing I would say is make sure you proof read and edit in all the chapters as much as you have done in this chapter - the writing in this chapter is a lot better than in previous chapters, and although it's a lot of work if you can sustain this level of accuracy in grammar and spelling, and keep the emotion that this chapter evokes present through the rest of the story then you will definitely recieve more readers, more reviews and more love. This is such a difficult subject to write about, and for people to really connect with the words there needs to be a sense of realism. This realism has come through so much more in this chapter.

Other than that, the story so far is really good, I like the idea and the plot twists - Ryan almost comes across as a sort of player, and it's interesting that Mel portrays him as this kind of character, perhaps because inside she's angry at him for taking his own life, or maybe because deep down she does love him in a way more than friendship?

Anyway, keep on writing because you're really good!

Viv x

PS - If you have time, please check out my story because it's my first, and I'd love some constructive criticism! x
April Saunders chapter 3 . 5/31/2012
I would love to see more of these letters, as you are good at writing them. :)