Reviews for i ain't cheap
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
This is really different than the last few poems I read. It's a lot less smooth and it doesn't feel like you chose every word as carefully (this could be untrue if your intention was to make it seem that way). This isn't a bad thing, though, because it suits your topic.

Interesting use of the short lines. They don't have as distinct of a rhythm as I'd expect, but they punch the meanings of the words.

I like how you keep coming back to the $300. It really emphasized the emotional detachment.

Speaking of the emotional detachment, my favorite part of the poem is definitely the story of it. The idea that it would be easier to be a prostitute is something to think about, and the whole scenario where she's talking about how they could still end up together, and it doesn't seem like their relationship would be all that different...well, definitely says something about the relationship, huh?

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
bookppl93 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Very interesting. Nicely written
sparklevamp chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
This is sweet and sad and humorous and I just love it.
Out There Breathing chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
There are a few lines here and there that seem sort of out of place in the entirety of it. They don't feel like they fit quite right. I noticed it first with the third line. I do adore the end, though. Well, like I said, the third seems a bit off to me. Maybe it's the wording that doesn't exactly fit with the rest of it on that one. Like, the two ocean-related lines after that, those are great and all, they just don't seem to fit right with the rest of it, to me. And the "bed a stranger" lines, I'm not sure yet why, those just seem a tad uneven with the rest of it to me.
Elaina McKenzie Sharpe chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
This was quite lovely, if I do say so.