Reviews for Perfection
Deedee Elle chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I like the start with the repetition/mirroring of the colours. It is a sweet idea having the emotions discussing their nature. I think the problem with it is that there is not much description so it reads more like a script. I didn't really get a sense of what they looked like or where they were or how the situation had come about. I imagined them as sort of humanoid as you mention them standing and looking and it reminded me of Neil Gaiman's Endless- specifically Desire floating in a giant body so that was cool. That isn't really important but it would have added a bit more than just a back and forth of dialogue.

When it turns out at the end that they are emotions belonging to a person it made me wish that they had made reference to that, though you gave no indication that they had any sense of being a part of a larger being. I'd have liked to know why Esteem was so low, maybe some references to something that happened to their 'carrier'.

I like the idea of the girl not being aware of her emotions having the conflict but the use of 'defence' puzzled me. I assume it was not a real, physical defence but a psychological one but I'd have like to know why she had to do it.
kate800 chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I've added this to my favorites! :)