Reviews for Puzzle Pieces
LovelySocks chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
A very deep and touching short story. It has a sad truth to it as well. The adjectives are truly amazing, and I can clearly picture the girl/woman and her surroundings. I'm trying to find words to describe this, but can't quite find the right ones, so I'll just try my best. The story seems honest and true, written from the heart of a very philosophical person. It sends a powerful message through well-chosen words and a fantastic plot. The climax is exellent and the whole passage flows nicely. I'm trying to find a constructive criticism, but can't find one. Well done, you've made me think :)
KaylaHeart chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
That was creepy, but good creepy :)
Whirlymerle chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Hi from the review game!

So I really liked the tone of this piece. I think you did a great job with the emphasis on the horror elements. The pieces of the puzzle and your extended metaphor of the big picture was also well executed, and I thought it was really interesting.

I did not like the fact that you used a lot of passive voice, especially in the first and last paragraph. Something like "A gasp was torn out of her throat" sounds better in active voice than passive, I think.

Merle
Lets Get Moderate chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I really liked the description of the woman working on this puzzle, it gave me a nice picture of what she looked like and what her face became in reaction to certain things.

I would have liked a bit more description about her life before the puzzle. I think it would give the reader a better sense of exactly what she was giving up to work on this puzzle.

I think the ending was a bit anticlimatic, because of the storm and lightning I sort of could tell that the ending wouldn't be pleasant. I do like the transition of sunset to night as she nears the end of the puzzle, it shows how the mood changes in the story.