Reviews for Goodbye, Blue Sky
True Talker chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Sad.
Amiigan chapter 8 . 8/19/2012
So the Children of the Earth are a rebel group. Makes sense. Again, when you first introduced them I figured they might be some sort of supernatural creatures, but just like the Reapers, they are revealed to be flesh and blood. Very good with both forces. You've given them a mystique that enhances the role they play in the plot - from deadly killers, to a mysterious underground society.

I'm so curious to know more about this world. The city was obviously conquered a while ago, but the war is still very much still raging. I keep picturing a sort of WWII type of setting. But this is the draw of the story, a new layer gets exposed with every chapter.

My only complaint is sometimes I get lost in the multitude of dialogue. But overall I like the approach your taking. I generally prefer much description, but the dialogue dominance is working very well.
True Talker chapter 35 . 8/19/2012
This had made me think.
Scarlet-SKull chapter 6 . 8/16/2012
He's so on unknown territory. I don't think he'll make it lol. Two things: the chap was REALLY heavy on dialogue and not enough description. I mean, there was a little here in there, like the one shots in between dialogue, but I don't think they were in place. It kinda abruptly rushed in and disturbed the flow of the dialogue, on some occasions. I'd try to incorporate more dialogue and character/environment interactions. I know it's kinda hard once you're writing a conversation down the page (you can easily get lost : p) Interesting chapter nonetheless. Poor kid seemed like he's being pulled everywhere!
Amiigan chapter 4 . 8/13/2012
This has really sucked me in. Though vague and just drops you in the thick of it, and unrolls gradually enough to get you hungering for more, and you've accomplished it without any info dump so far. Excellent job.

At first I thought the reapers were some kind of supernatural creature, but then it's revealed his own brother is one. I 'm curious who the children of the Earth are, and what this has to do with Andrei and whatever reason's the reapers are after him for.
Can't wait to read more.
J.Kuzzey chapter 32 . 8/12/2012
Hell yeah, punched him right in the face I hope. This chapter was pretty philosophical, and once again the coin appears as a metaphor. Love it. It was great to really get into Alex's head and see how he views his brother. Its interesting and certainly says a lot about his character that he's fine with him being "dead," if only because it would help Andrei escape this world. A lot of people would probably be horrified to hear someone talk like that, but it just goes to show that he probably understands Andrei.

So I'm curious as to how he'll react when they meet again. A lot has happened since the last time they saw each other.
Music Heals the Soul chapter 32 . 8/10/2012
This story is really building up to something, I feel like something really big will happen soon. Will the brothers be reunited at any point and time? I really really liked the little section with the sides of the coin, the 'what if something else were to come up' part. That feels like some really deep philosophy, even out of context with the rest of the story, it would work as a really interesting snippet.
J.Kuzzey chapter 31 . 8/10/2012
This chapter had me suffering emotional whiplash. The beginning with Andrei is really... heart breaking. To know that he's started out as this strong headed rebellious guy and now he's being broken into pieces. That's harsh. Meanwhile, the bit with the raft is kind of lighthearted. I laughed a few times, and there are something that can be taken as philosophical if you'd like. I feel like that's actually a pretty cool way to approach this chapter (I mean, to show both stories happening). It's like, there's suffering going on, but at the same time, there's still adventure, exploration, friendship, etc. It's all part of being human.
J.Kuzzey chapter 30 . 8/10/2012
So I've been out of it for about four or five days now. I come back and BOOM! Kai's the informant. I kept racking my brain to see if I had forgotten something or missed something. But I don't think I did. I feel like that came as a complete and total shock. I read that scene several times and just couldn't believe it. I bet if I go back and read this story again I'll catch something earlier. Either way, twist!

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern annoy me. They seem like a comical little duo, but I wanted to smack them. Maybe I'm getting too involved with the way the narrator is feeling. Which is perfectly awesome! Speaking of which, this line: "Don't lose your grip...Don't let the shield slip." Dude's gonna crack, isn't he?
Music Heals the Soul chapter 18 . 8/8/2012
Huh. It's still fascinating, it's still incredibly good, and I'm still sucked in with no chance of stopping reading. However, I am so confused with the rapid switching of viewpoints that I'm finding it increasingly harder to connect the parts of the stories, and I'm fairly sure that I'm missing parts of the puzzle still. That's the sole complaint I have about ths story though, it's just difficult to see how it all fits together...
Music Heals the Soul chapter 9 . 8/8/2012
I'm loving getting to pick apart and find the Pink Floyd references. So is worm synonymous for the rebellion or something? I'm enjoying getting to see the different viewpoints, although it does confuse me for a minute every time you switch.
Music Heals the Soul chapter 6 . 8/8/2012
Ooh, more Pink Floyd lyrics. I'm completely sucked into the story at this point, and I'm very very curious as to where Sunshine/Andrei is going.
Music Heals the Soul chapter 3 . 8/8/2012
So I recognize the lyrics as Pink Floyd's 'Goodbye Blue Sky', and it's from the album The Wall. Is this written inside of Pink's wall or something of the sort? I'm very intrigued now. It's a fascinating stry though even without the added Pink Floyd possibly related stuff.
J.Kuzzey chapter 29 . 8/6/2012
This was a well written chapter, definitely. I got a good feel for the atmosphere. This line here: "The Castle had stood there for a thousand years, it would stand there a thousand years more, it would stand there while they struggled and fought and froze and died, and in the end it wouldn't matter at all." is really symbolic in more ways that one. I think it kind of shows, too, the way we view power or those who have power. They seem kind of immortal, especially nations and governments.

Haha I giggled at Gabe wanting to see a tank! Kids really are absolutely fascinated with war and its machines! Also, the line: "You could get sent to a camp for less than that." Gives us all a good idea of just how these people are being treated and how they have to live. Its awesome how a single line like that can really draw up a quick sketch for you.
J.Kuzzey chapter 28 . 8/5/2012
That meeting is so real. I can't even count the times I've been in a meeting and everyone knows, "This is a giant waste of time, because someone's going to show up and be like, 'Nope!' and we're outta luck." While this meaningless chatter is going on, you kind of tune it out and just sort of watch everyone as they speak nothings.

Hmm Issac is an interesting dude... definitely can't hate him... It's good development for May's character to have that kind of interaction with a Reaper. She's already a pretty good person, but more interaction with the enemy always has some kind of small effect on people.
230 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »