Reviews for Sh'yan's Silk
Veronica Fay chapter 36 . 10/18/2013
I'm so glad I decided to read this! Amazing, and I thought this last chapter was emotional! Great job!
Fryvi chapter 35 . 9/21/2013
Gyah, I feel so sorry for Sh'yan for some reason I kind of hope Kyave goes after him
Kaylin881 chapter 35 . 9/20/2013
Aww... :(
Poor Kyave. But...we know it won't last, right? *looks hopeful*
estarianne chapter 35 . 9/19/2013
Aw. Poor Kyave. Sniff.
estarianne chapter 34 . 9/1/2013
I think this is a cute story. As a political intrigue piece, though, it doesn't ring true with the realities of deeply ingrained stereotypes- stereotypes almost by definition ignore exceptions to the rule in favor of those that prove the rule (it is a scary bit of human psychology). Think about what happened when the leaders of the US tried to eliminate racial segregation. Maybe you've already considered this, since it's unfinished.

I can think of a few waysthat would make it more believable to me. Maybe a monarch who is also a religious leader for one (so the words of the queen are thought to come from a higher power). I am sure there are infinite possibilities. But my thought was that already they must know that there are exceptions if Sh'yan was being trained to head the family business, so what would this prove?

(yes, I over think everything. So now you know how overthinkers will react to this piece ;-)

Anyway, I will keep reading. Sh'yan and Kyave are very likeable characters. Personally, I would wish for more romance, but I know you said that was not your goal here, and I always wish for romance! Your writing style is very readable and I think that the amount of detail is just right.
Fryvi chapter 34 . 8/30/2013
I like how everything didn't go smoothly, because that might have been too simple:P
I'm struggling a bit with the anti-man beliefs though, but that's probably just because it's different from my own.
Looking forward to the next chapter!
Kaylin881 chapter 34 . 8/29/2013
Umm...well, that went...OK, I think? :?
Menn chapter 33 . 8/16/2013
PSTTTTTTTT! You should update this NOW!
A.Collins chapter 33 . 7/14/2013
I've only found this story, and I'm already deep into it!
I like how you've switched up the norm, and having males being discriminated against and having women being seen as almost superior. Shakes things up a bit. The romance between Sh'yan and Kyave is a slow progress, but it makes it more realistic.
Looking forward to another update :)
Fryvi chapter 33 . 6/23/2013
I like these explanations to sum things up a bit, both in this and the previous chapter.
Looking forward to see how the silk turns out!
Wisher chapter 33 . 6/3/2013
Will an anonymous review be ok?

Sorry, but I don't have a FP account. I am horrible reviewing, too. But if this will keep you writing... I started reading this after reading five of your stories. I can't wait to see Sh'yan and the ambassador (have a horrible memory for names) together, and I hope the old mare is well cared for whilst Sh'yan weaves silk! Actually, I am curious... at the beach resort, why were the people so unfriendly? Just because they were three males, two of them foreigners, or was there something more?

Please, continue the story!
French Harry Potter chapter 33 . 5/26/2013
I really enjoy this story. It's very interesting culture wise as well as character wise. I love the twist with Rekeir coming to Heswa, it added a plot twist that was very helpful to the advancement of the story. Queen Malwe kind of confuses me a bit, at first she was all nice and innocent, now she's all mysterious and I'm not sure what her motives are, or if they are as innocent as they seem. Sh'yan has been developed beautifully throughout the story. He reactions to things and the way he goes about doing things never stray far from the personality you made for him at the beginning.

As for further advancement, with the brother of a King and a Queen in the same palace, things are about to get political whether Rekeir wants them to or not. Perhaps now is a time to test Queen Malwe's patience. Rekeir is can be obnoxious on the best of days, so when he's talking to the Queen her calm and collected facade (or at least I think its a facade) can slip a little and she can snap at him.

Or you could go the opposite way like Lallie said and they can have icy "fake polite" chat.

You could also throw in some more assassination attempts or street riots/fights. Writing action as always fun.

Anyway, hope the spark comes back. Just take some time off to regroup.
Reviews to Master chapter 8 . 5/23/2013
Something is DEFINITELY up! And I'm going to find out!
Reviews to Master chapter 7 . 5/22/2013
I find that Kyave has a bubbly naive and blunt personality. Like, in this chapter for example, he put out the obvious when a person normally wouldn't. Not to mention he's constantly smiling and very persistent when he wants to be. As to Sh'yan who is reserved and quiet and wants to keep to himself probably from past experiences. Something about that stable boy is special from the time I was introduced to him to now. Not to mention the freaking title!

Here are my theories:

1. Sh'yan is really of royal blood but Queen Malwe stole the crown from him. His royal family probably invested in large amounts of silk making so fine that the queen herself wanted it all for her uses only. Therefore she killed off Sh'yan's family but leaving only Sh'yan to make the silk and just a bridge for his family's secret.

2. Sh'yan is really Queen Malwe's son or someone very close to the woman in some way, shape, or form based off the familiarity she held when asked. This shows Zolok's blatant anger towards Sh'yan jealous that Malwe is giving more attention to Sh'yan. Or better yet! ZOLOK is Malwe's son also (is Sh'yan IS her son) and gaining the power or something like that!

3. Sh'yan is a poor slave who has learned how to weave beautiful silk clothings, Malwe found him, brought him to the palace, made him make her silks.

Those are ideas of mine! Don't know if it's true or not but it was a shot!
Reviews to Master chapter 6 . 5/22/2013
I bet you they're going to steal the letter and prevent it from being sent to King Reon! That's just a guess though. Keswa seems more...how do I put it? "Hooty tooty", for lack of a better word, and so...lockdown. it seems like the lovely queen Malwe has keen eyes on certain people in her country. Like the handsome Kyave...or even a certain stable boy. Heemmmm... *strokes beard*
96 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »