Reviews for Sh'yan's Silk
MeanderRose chapter 20 . 9/22/2012
Can't believe it took me this long to get around to reading this...anyway, um, not much to say because it was a pretty short chapter, but I always appreciate the little insights into Heswa's history and culture. It really does feel like a real place.

The fact that Sh'yan's name means "silkworm" seems quite significant to me...hmm. After all, the title /is/ "Sh'yan of Silk," haha.

And I always love how much of a nerd Kyave is. He's adorable. :)
CalliScribbles chapter 18 . 9/9/2012
I'm just glad to be back in Heswa... I missed a lot of your updates in August, I see.
lovesyoumore chapter 19 . 9/8/2012
Love it3
Fryvi chapter 19 . 9/4/2012
A Sh'yan chapter, yeey:)
Smells like jealousy:O
Forgot to sign in when reviewing XD
MeanderRose chapter 19 . 9/4/2012
Hmmm...I'm going to guess that Navasei likes Sh'yan? Possibly?

It was short, but very interesting. A nice, subtle little character moment. You do those so well. And the horses themselves have really distinct personalities as well, that you convey without coming across as cheesy or twee.
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 18 . 8/24/2012
*ignores other stories she's supposed to review first*

*and then reads through entire chapter without thinking of what to review*

I lurve it! Err...

*rereads*

I don't find the shopping particularly interesting, since it isn't very related to the conflict, but it does offer some characterization. I find the storekeepers' reactions interesting. I like that you're developing the differing views on homosexuality. And stuff. The charm thing is sweet.

How's that carpal tunnel doing? I'm only following two of your stories right now, and you're updating the shit out of them.
-Liv
JaseCD chapter 18 . 8/24/2012
Awwww:) good chapter
MeanderRose chapter 18 . 8/24/2012
Yes, you are indeed forgiven! Yay for more Kyave/Sh'yan! And I'm glad you've found a plan to follow. :)

As always, Heswa continues to feel like a real place. And it just gets mysteriouser and mysteriouser...what's the deal with the books? The unfriendly people? Well, I imagine all will be revealed in due time.
Fryvi chapter 18 . 8/24/2012
Definitely forgiven! I really liked it
MeanderRose chapter 17 . 8/17/2012
Hmm, it's because he's gay, isn't it...?

Poor Sh'yan, he has such a hard life.

Please update soon! I've basically fallen in love with this story. Though I admit I'd like Sh'yan/Kyave to move a little faster, but what can you say, I'm an unrepentant romantic.
MeanderRose chapter 14 . 8/16/2012
I like the Queen! I sure hope she doesn't turn out to be evil...XD

But don't remove the Sh'yan chapters! I like getting to read things from his perspective. He's a bit of a cipher in the Kyave chapters tbh, so his own chapters help humanize him a lot.
MeanderRose chapter 12 . 8/16/2012
Ahh, that's what I expected!

The worldbuilding is great. It really feels like a real place, with all its subtle little customs and contradictions.

I'm getting a bad feeling from Zokol, though...aww, but I like him.
Fryvi chapter 17 . 8/12/2012
I liked this chapter. The only thing might be that Kyave should have pushed Sh'yan a bit more for the reason:P
tangledoctopus chapter 17 . 8/11/2012
I liked the chapter :] but more sh'yan and kyave interaction wouldn't hurt xD
and you know a skinny dipping kyave would be good too _ it's a shame he's not comfortable :]
Rogue Energizer Bunny chapter 17 . 8/10/2012
IT'S WAY PAST LIV'S BIRTHDAY. BWAH.

*facecomputer*

Oh, shit, I wrote birthday instead of bedtime. Ooops. That doesn't make sense. Ho well.

They don't wear clothes to the beach? Heh heh heh. That's awky. And then, is Sh'yan not allowed to go since he's gay? Poor guy can't catch a break.

I feel like there shoulda been more to this chapter. Almost like it was missing a scene near the end? Not a lot happened, so.

But don't mind me, coz I'm clearly not sane right now. WEEEh. Goodnight!
-Liv