Reviews for Meeting Matthias
living418 chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Psalmista, I thought this was a great story. I have actually considered writing something similar- about being able to see things (demons) that others can't. Great concept.

Like one of the other reviewers, I was curious to know why Ava can see the demons and no one else can and why she can only see Matthias' demons since, of course, 'we all have our own demons.' Perhaps that would be something that you could fit in either to the prologue or in the coming chapters.

I also have a Christian fiction story that I just posted (first chapter only). Would love to get your feedback on it! Best of luck!
persevera chapter 4 . 6/23/2012
A powerful chapter-the idea of having to fight something that only you can see, while everyone else carries on with their petty troubles, like sibling rivalry, isn't only scary but isolating. I'm curious why Ava chooses not to call on her ally Sophia. But I guess she thinks she's sufficiently armed
persevera chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
I'm sure it's answered in the next couple of chapters but at the moment, I can't help but wonder what the teen idol is doing in this school and why these students are meeting him. But of course that pales next to the suggestion that Ava can see demons. Love the flow of words
D.A chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Very nice chapter. It explains a lot of what Ava is actually seeing. I love the awkwardness between her and Matthias. Matty's personality is showing up too which is: arrogant superstar but at the same time, tired and perplexed. Hahaha...his sister is the bomb too...I love her bluntness and sassiness, awesome portrayal of a bossy little sister :). Interesting, how the plot is starting to build up due to the conflict between Ava and the demons that she visually sees in Matthias. It makes the reader think and sparks curiosity of "how the hell, will she tell him that he has those demonic thingies hovering around him?"

As I read this chapt. I realized that there are going to be two types of readers. The first type of reader would be the one who would see this story as being a "horror" type of genre or "romantic" type. However, the second type of reader would see the significance of what Ava is seeing which is that life isn't just always flesh and blood, but that life is also spiritual and spiritual things can greatly affect the physical realm.

Anyhoooo, awesome chapt. can't wait for chapt. 4 :).
D.A chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
Awesome chapters! Now,I see the connection between the characters :D. Interesting, so Ava was once in a relationship with JM. I like how you portrayed Ava's predicament in trying to explain her Christian standpoints to Racquel. I'm sure a lot of Christian teens/youth could relate with those awkward moments when one wants to tell the world about Jesus but save face. Kudos on the use of complex vocab. It adds so much flavor on your story that it becomes berry delicious! :D Pretty soon, I have a feeling people are going to have like a team JM or team Matthias, if you know what I mean, lol.
Anonymous chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
Its like theres a movie being played inside my head. This chapter is simpler yet still effective. I just think the sophia story is quite out of place. But yeah, i love how this is all developing. Too bad the movie needs to buffer first hahaha
julibee chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
Hi jo (yesss, i'm not logging in, not gonna use my account ahahah) and sorry for the lack of caps. im lazy.

your description and skill of putting together words are good. it is the first thing i notice. smooth way in words.
Cutie Jace V chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
Now, it was interesting for me to read. I was surprised, amazed and even more curious after reading this chapter. I love the fact that this novel is "makapinoy". It is wonderfully unusual that is why this novel is something to be proud of. Anyways, I am eager to read the coming chapters because you left me hanging!

Well, still expecting here... More power :)
Darlene chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Wow ate, this is so cool! The characters are slowly being pumped to life, their descriptions becoming more vivid. At ang so-sosyal nila haha. Prada, Jaguar, haha nice.

Naunahan pako magka-driver's license ni JM wahaha.

*The paragraph, "Thus, Ava became the only exception to the hype the rest of the student body of Cornerstone Academy was generating over Matthias Vaughn's arrival. Of course, it was evident to her that her best friend was certainly no exception."

-The word exception was mentioned twice. "The only exception and no exception", maybe we could use other terms such as.. Peculiarity, oddity, expulsion, etc.

*Are they all Filipinos ate? Haha the names are so cool, yung (Matthias is fine) Vaughn and Simone Gullien are so foreign haha. Though if it's fiction, we could name our characters all we want, wala lang, it sound so foreign for a Filipino blood.

The Baguio setting is great! Then the "hanging" part in the end, when Vaughn just groaned, haha nice, naiisip ko na yung mangyayari susunod.

Ayun lang ate, thanks for the great read! Again, looking forward :)
Human chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
I read it. O.O
kezia chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Dear, I love it, I sense a great story to be unravelled here. After reading the prologue it gives me the curiosity and interest to keep on reading.

I got curious with the following question; what would happen to Ava, why does she sees demons to Matthias, who is Matthias, does he have bad intentions or plan, and lastly what would be the extent of their relationship. hmmm relationship hehehe…

Anyways here are my 2 cents:

We all have our own demons:

Strong in intriguing statement: it made me think what my demon…is…

Characters are well introduced, define, of course except Mattias all we know about him is his irresistibly handsome but kinda dark mysterious: which is good cause it arouses interest and curiosity: character seems from totally different world in spiritual sense…

Prologue gives a full taste of the story, yet has the “bitin factor”.

I think it is also somehow suspense, now I may see some romantic inclination, but who knows it could be a deep source of insight hehe (need to read the full book)

Vocabulary used is rich, but some are quite highfalutin for the target audience

what are there more to say but "Great" darling keep it up
Anonymous chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
Why are all their reviews so technical. Im so outta place lol
Coureen chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
It's so effective in a way that the 1st phrase already caught the reader's attention. Honestly, after I read that catchy phrase "we all have demons" I thought,, "whaaat?" ha-ha it's so cool it sounded like a supernatural novel (likened to our contemporary fictional tv series, in a christian good way). There were terms that's "nosebleedy" (ha-ha), but after reading the whole sentence I got the total picture, after all that's the way a novel should sound. While reading the prologue my imagination went on as if I was watching a movie, totally cool! The technique used is just right to secure the readers interest :D *thrilled!
Humanitarian chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
Honest review? Love it. How everything is devloping and the characters as well. I just had to reread some of the lines lol but i guess thats normal for readers lol Next please.
Psalmista chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
At first, it was not clear with all the deep words I could not understand. But as I continue to read and imagine, even though it kinda freaks me out especially reading it alone, I slowly got some of it straight. Though there are still some blur, I know it will become a good picture in my mind if I continue reading (maybe with a dictionary
But still, after reading the "prologue" of the novel, curiosity caused me to be interested of the coming chapters. I'm sure it will be a novel for me to be proud of. Well, you left me expecting.

God bless writer lovesyou, jonah