Reviews for Heaven
Chowdizzle chapter 3 . 10/21/2012
Aww! I feel so special :P lol. Sorry for the late review, I kinda banned myself from fictionpress for a while so I could focus on midterms.

On to the chapter - I feel so bad for Gem :( But I guess it's more realistitc this way... and I'm also intrigued about Aleks! Can't wait for more :)
GreenGrass1 chapter 3 . 10/12/2012
I love this chapter. Especially that dance scene in the beginning, so very raw and humiliating for Gem but what choice did he have?

Aleksander broke my heart. I felt like saying, "So what if she is not a natural born girl, she fancies you, man." But then again, sexuality is an untamed beast I guess, and besides, Zed is probably a better choice. More mature, more confident, steadier.

Are we going to see Julian and Romeo in this story?
Aletiah chapter 3 . 10/12/2012
Oh, poor Gem! It was like, everything that could go wrong, did get wrong. I could feel the pain and embarassment he felt.
There is a lot for things I want to know about Gem. He's not just a drag, right? Does that means he's a she, born in the wrong body? Does he look at himself as a gay boy, or a straight girl?
This is really interesting, especially the last scene with Aleksander. I guess it must be really confusing. I don't really get yet if Aleks is gay or straight, but he seemed a bit uncomfotable with that Gem is like, neither man or woman. Or both?
I guess this story will take us deeper into Gem's personality and that we will get to know more :) I really like this chapter, it was really great! Update soon!
JHeartbreak chapter 3 . 10/11/2012
Yes good chapter! I liked the Gem failures. They made me laugh. Because they were so not played to be funny. They were tragic. But that's why I laughed?

Aleksander is cute and sweet and I like him better all the time.

I watched Priscilla Queen of the Desert not so long ago and that's what I thought of here... but this is like a sad Priscilla.

I hope Zed takes Gem under his wing and he blossoms into a wonderful drag queen. It would warm the heart.
JHeartbreak chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
Haha, that last sentence. That's great.

I love this chapter. It's very ambient and emotional. It has a severity of tone...

I'm glad this story hasn't been consigned to the waste-bin. It's cool.
Aletiah chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
So Romeo and Julian is still on the streets? Poor boys... but this maybe is before the other story? I had to go back to "Love story" and check on Gem again and I feel a bit bad because I don't remember if it ever says in that story that Gem is a man. I guess Julian must know if they have been together, but does Romeo? Update soon!
Aletiah chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
I really like this... and I love that Julian and Romeo is in it :) Is this after "This is not a love story" and "At the end of everything"?
DawnSister chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
As always, this chapter is so full of everything without you having to say too much. You give so much information without making it sound as if you are giving information. I can almost taste that cigarette and I don't even smoke, never have.
I can feel that bartender's awkwardness as if it was my own and Gem's situation is just as I would expect from you, hopeless and sad with enough steel and strength of character to be able to get through the crap you put them through.
That last sentence, "It all went downhill rapidly from there." just makes me grown and think, god, please don't make this bad for him. I've only known this character for two chapters but I'm already hooked.

Looking forward to the next chapter,

DS
GreenGrass1 chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
I love it! I can't wait for more. The confident Zed, the awkward kid, and Gem with his thorns. I also love the description of the neighbourhood, gritty and really fitting with the tone of the story.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Chowdizzle chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Just wondering, are you planning to continue this? It seems so lovely and I'm very intrigued by Gems story.
Mokuren no Ken chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Whoa... That's pretty deep. I'm still a bit confused, but this is really good so far!
heyitsstupidme chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I like it so far, because it shows everything in a new point of view. I really haven't expecting this and I was confused at first and still am a bit. Is Gem really Joels mother/ father? You don't have to be nervous about posting this, I really would like to read more.
Smith chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This is utterly engrossing, especially when teamed with Romeo and Julian's story. I would never have guessed that Gem was actually male, but you make that revelation seem fluid, natural and not at all strained. That's a testament to how wonderful your writing is. There's a lot of darkness, soreness, scarring, but somehow there's something very tender about it, too. I'm not sure if this is a completed monologue or a continuing story, but I am hoping for the second. I also very much want this to be set after the events in At the End of Everything, and for Romeo and Julian to have found some sort of stability by now. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading it, and I eagerly await more from you! Thankyou.
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
First impression: What? Gem is a man?

But seriously. I like him. He seems like a much different character than the usual. I don't immediately associate him with any of your other ones. He's got this gutter-glamour, this Diana Ross suffering, and I love it. Also, I hope he falls for Aleksander.

But I'm confused. Is he m2f or f2m? A transvestite? Who birthed Joel? And does this story fit in before 'at the end of everything', or during, or after? Perhaps all of this will be answered in time.

I'm at the library right now. There is a diminutive chinese lady in the row in front of me who has been watching slideshow after slideshow. Currently we are on 'Beautiful Cacti'. There are no words to describe this life we lead.
GreenGrass1 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Love Gem already! So he's a drag queen? Dancing in a tranny club? Awesome. Seriously an awesome concept.