Reviews for Bittersweet
displacedfemale chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
This was so cute!

I like that Colton went back to engineering, I was somewhat worried that he'd end up staying a model so they could spend forever working together but I like the more realistic ending that you gave it.
tenna shut up chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I love that this just flowed! Like really factual but natural! Or should I be using and? Anyways, it just felt like that was really how it was suppose to progress you know :)) I really like how she had all those memories at ready like she was hoarding them and in a way she was :)) I hadn't imagined their history would be like that though I suppose I've seen those around before. It just really works and she was just so hyperaware of him because he has so disrupted her life and I'm just really wondering what it's like from his POV!

Really well-written and just really sweet. Your R&J reference was great and I really enjoyed reading this. :)

Also...your penname Mr Ree - a play on mystery maybe? Nice! Thanks for the lovely read!
HelennnLouise chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Hey there, lovely! I'm here to share some exciting news with you and that's the fact that this amazing one shot has been added to A Drop of Romeo! *dances* :)

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: Hand on heart, the cliché of love hate is always going to be one of my favourites and Mr. Ree has caught that beautifully in ‘Bittersweet’.

Our female lead is a photographer and she is not impressed to learn that her new model is Colton Foss; the annoying boy she knew from college that she could not abide. Yes, she had expected him to turn up in her life again but as a model? No, that thought never crossed her mind because to her knowledge he was an engineer now. She learns that Colt is a model because he needs the money for his sister who is ill and needs medical help. Will their time together behind and in front of the camera help build bridges?

Do you want to know what made me really love this story? It was the light tone of humour that Mr. Ree manages to incorporate naturally into the writing. I am honest. At one point, I was actually laughing out loud. I think humour makes a story seem just that little bit more realistic and Mr. Ree accomplished that beautifully in ‘Bittersweet’.

Yes, ‘Bittersweet’ may be cliché but Mr. Ree’s writing has you hooked from the very beginning and filled with that warm happy feeling. It is most definitely a must read for all hate love fans!"

Keep writing,

Helen xo
color outside the lines chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I love this! It's cliche and original at the same time! First, I love how there wasn't any secret feelings or dramatic kiss like, "I was mean to you only because I love you and didn't know hot to express it." I also like how it's uncertain of them dating or not. Thirdly, you didn't tell us exactly how he felt about her. Like if her ever had feelings for her or if they gradually developed. It's lets the reader wander into their own imagination. Even if you, the writer actually do know the real answers. I enjoyed reading this. :)
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Excuse me while I try and stop my brain from melting out of my ears and can form a coherent thought.

This was beautiful! Fantastic writing.

This story had me laughing out loud! Literally. Especially these two lines ""That year, you gave me a box of pads for my birthday." "Maybe that was a bit mean," he admitted. "But still: funny."" N'aw. Fantastic. These moments of humour are what makes this story fantastic!

Crushing on Colton. True story.
Julietish chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
After reviewing all the submissions, your entry was not selected as the winner. However, you stil get a review!

I like the humorous tone it began with; it set off a good vibe. The sarcasm and bantering definitely works between the two characters- it's not overly-done as some using this cliche tend to do. This was very well-written! :) I love seeing people's incorporations of the picture prompt into their story, and surely enough, you weaved it in with ease. The ending showed promise in their future relationship- I hope it was headed for a good place! Amazing job.
Purple Sky Juliet chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
HEY YOU THIS WAS GREAT. I LIKED IT.
spit at sanity chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
This was really good. at first when I read the Romeo challenge thing I was a bit scared because well, it's a shitty story (Romeo and Julliet that is :p). But yours was so good. I especially liked it that in the past they didn't have secret feelings for eachother, it just developped since the modelling. Cute but not overly fluff: nice!
SwimmingThroughExistance chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
good. very good. thanks for sharing!