Reviews for The River
foreternity chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
omg :O that was amazing! why are you such an amazing writer? (: i love all of your stories! hope you'll write moree! :)
Carmel March chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This is honestly the most perfect one-shot. Usually with one-shots, the characters tend to lack the three-dimensionality of full-length stories, but you succeeded in making these characters realistic, relatable, and really really likable. And the plot was just so unique and fun to read! Ah, I just loved it!
Laurieleigh92 chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Joining the band wagon, I think this most definitely should have a sequel! It was an addictive read that I couldn't put down, not even momentarily!
Julietish chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
After reviewing all the submissions, your entry was not selected as the winner. However, you stil get a review!

The beginning was good! Drew me in right away. I loved the introduction of the male love interest, how it made her uneasy and such. When you said "The River is where first love's are lost," love's should be loves (no apostrophe). Also, when Parker says, "Your welcome. Get changed and I'll bring you an ice pack, and then get some rest."- that your should be 'you're'. The emotions were very raw and vivid- I was definitely touched by the Brandt situation. I really do love this one-shot. Here, when Parker says: "She's become quite a troublemaker. No matter how we try to control her."- I think it should be 'how much'. I like how she realizes her attraction to Parker- you use one word ("Bad.") and that just makes it plain and simple. :) In this line, "Even with the minimal contact they'd had, he effected her like only one other person ever had"- I believe it is affected, not effected. I loooved the forbidden theme you had in there (the flashbacks to her father banning her from Brandt). On this line, ""I love you, too" he said, caressing her face, his thumb gently rubbing her cheek.."- you accidentally have two periods (tiny little typo that I felt I should point out, haha). In these sentences: "Or diving at The Deeps in the next county over. Or the parties where you drank yourself to the edge of oblivion. "- I believe you should put question marks at the end of each to continue with his interrogation. Again, the emotional aspect of the one-shot were absolutely flawless and Tawni's actions were able to be justified. The concept for The River was original and concise (which is quite a task for one-shots, right?) and you somehow managed to fit an entire story into a one-shot without making it drag at all. It was the perfect length. Of course, I would love hearing more about their relationship...ahem. Gosh, I love your writing, Amy. :)
funnechick chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I truly loved reading this! Somehow, I had a feeling, before Parker even entered into the picture, that she was going to fall for her first boyfriend's brother. I'm not sure how I knew, but even knowing this did not lessen the amount of enjoyment I felt while reading. Thanks for an awesome one-shot! :)
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Aw, this was cute, yet heartbreaking at the same time. I loved how three-dimensional your characters were
StreetsOfGold chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
I really loved your entry! I loved how well rounded you made each of your characters. I wanted to kidnap Parker out of the story ad hoard him in my bedroom...not that that is weird or anything. He was just so gorgeous and you could tell how conflicted he was for liking Tawni and being the big sexy cop.

Tawni...she was a bad ass. Enough said. But, I could also see how much she was hurting an trying to move on. She was such a lovable character!

This story was so great! You are simply one of the most amazing authors on FP. Seriously. I love every single one of your stories!
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Gosh Darnit! I wanted to the the first review. But I fell asleep last night before I could review it. Oh well. This one shot is just... crazy good. I'm so glad you finished on time! So proud!

Anyways. Parker Me. Okay? I want to get married to Parker. I mean, I named him after all. Like, he's just too cute and gorgeous and he's a cop. Men in uniforms, I tell you!

And Tawni. She's a doll. But I kinda wanted to smack her silly because she was all like "I am a rebellious young girl! Excuse me while I break every law possible." Although, that's what kinda gave her character.

You did an amazing job writing this story! I just can't get over how awesome it is. Uhg and ou know I love the best friend/boyfriend's older brother type thingies. This story just makes me smile. And I know how much hard work you put into it. It definitely paid off, hun. Right, now get your butt on Skype so I can congratulate you!

Melissa
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Excuse me while I bow down at your feet for the wonder that is this story. I can most definitely say that the late night chats filled with your emotional breakdowns, the procrastination and the odd teaser was worth every minute due to it resulting in this piece of literary genius.

As always, you've created three dimensional characters that a person can relate to and - again - a male protagonist that I wish was real so I could snaffle him up and marry him! I swear to god, lovely, you're most definitely ensuring that I become a crazy cat lady. No one will ever be as good as these men of yours! (or our lovely cowboys *winks*).

This story shows an amazing relationship between our two protagonists and watching Tawni's progression was fantastic. Even with the change and realisation that being a 'bad ass' isn't what she has to be to remember Brandt, I think she's still going to have a slight wild streak in her after all.

All I ask now is that maybe in a few months when you write again, we have a short sequel that's set either a few months or a couple of years down the line to see if Tawni really did learn to love our handsome Parker!

Fabulous writing, amazing entry and I can't wait for more writing from you! :)
Letters97 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
beautiful. thanks so much for sharing. i loved how you showed the healing process as being slow and difficult. brilliant work.
rosieroo chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Yayy first review! I can't believe how excited I am by that...

ANYWAY, as I told you before, I LOVED it. I thought the pace of it was great and the way you handled Parker and Tawni's relationship was perfect. It's a pretty delicate subject (the whole getting into a relationship with an ex's brother, which is even more difficult under these circumstances) and from the beginning I was really interested in seeing how you would handle it. And you didn't disappoint!

I just re-read it and really noticed how despite having that revelation, Tawni still keeps a bit of her badass character right to the end.

And I love the names!