Reviews for Faith of a Sparrow
Deserthawk chapter 6 . 6/15/2012
What a nice ending. I still think they should have killed Top Hat though... cause he's probably going to find out where they are and come after them again now. Nah, actually it's better they remain innocent. It sounds like a beautiful place and they'll have a nice life there. There are still some loose ends, right? About Gabe and Chess's parents, and what happened to them. It's still kind of sad they have to live apart from the humans like that. Maybe in the future the humans will be more tolerant. Ah, I want to know what happened to Top Hat. Did he see the error of his ways? Or is he still out there... plotting. Anyway, nice story! You wrapped it up well too.
Deserthawk chapter 5 . 6/15/2012
Dang, that was intense. It was funny, the places they kept bursting into when they were running. I think Top Hat must be pretty inexperienced, putting his base near a restaurant... where there's lots of people. Also the fact that he never had this problem with angels getting out before. They let him off too easy IMO. Gabe is very controlled, that she could monologue like that instead of beating the crap out of Top Hat. So what's his real name? I kind of wonder about his back story, how he learned about angels and why he decided to make that his living. Somehow I think this isn't the last we've seen of him, though...
Deserthawk chapter 4 . 6/15/2012
Ha, is Top Hat just messing with him, or did he really not think that Chess could escape through the ceiling? I'm really glad Chess and Gabe got reunited. He deserves it. But I wonder what kind of weapon could the angels be? I mean, I assumed they could only fly but are they stronger than people also? Flying soldiers would be pretty frightening anyway though. Chess is kind of slow. Don't think I could do any better though. It's funny how Gabe is exactly the same. She should be able to fight now, right? It's cool how there are other angels, and it explains how Top Hat knew about them. I hope all the angels team up and beat the crap out of TH.
Deserthawk chapter 3 . 6/15/2012
Aw, it was kind of sad how Chess had to talk to himself because there was nobody else there. I'm glad he's cheering up though. I like him better when he's happy. I'm kind of surprised that he's so confident he's going to get his little sister back though... I mean he doesn't expect they'll put up a fight? He seems kind of sheltered in that way. I laughed at how he looks like the Fall Out Boy fans... because that's exactly what I was imagining he looked like. Yeah Top Hat certainly seems very nefarious. You write good endings. I have to read on now.
Deserthawk chapter 2 . 6/15/2012
Huh, a year? I was kind of surprised Chess let that much time pass... He must have been really depressed. I kind of empathise with him when he went into town. I know that socially awkward feel. It made me laugh, how he was so paranoid but all those people were just trying to help him out. His appearance does seem a little shady though. I'm surprised nobody caught him shoplifting, especially without a lookout. He must be a real pro. I really hope he does find Gabe, even though it said he wouldn't see her again. I wonder who this Top Hat is and why he didn't also capture Chess (I mean, aren't two weapons better than one?) Also about how he got the letter... Oh and your cover is awesome. Is it a woodcut or something?
Deserthawk chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Wow. I really liked your description. Especially the wings. It felt so plausible, almost as if it wasn't fantasy at all. I mean, I could actually visualize it. Also the emotions were nice. I liked how they still acted like kids. The way they were in the air reminds me of siblings at the swimming pool or something. Chess's personality reminds me of some people I know... Also, that cave sounds really comfy (I think you wrote save instead of cave once btw), like a secret hideout. I'm kind of wondering where they live, that they didn't get discovered for what seems like so long. Arg, the ending really makes me want to read on. Just when they got their names... I kind of envision some old-timely cartoon villain with the top hat dude for some reason. Must read on...
Swallow-tailed Kite chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
So far, so great Update soon :)
tjPCfreak chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Interesting and captivating. :)

Onto Chapter One I go ;P