Reviews for The Hunt
SirJamesyIII chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Chilling. Haunting. I thought the pace was just right for a short story. I got a real sense of the powerful motivation that required her to leave, and the beautiful descriptions and imagery took my breath away. There's a lot of emotive text in here and I can really feel it.
Abbytjie chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This is an excellent story, well set out and well written. You can feel the rush of trying to get away, and the last line leaves it on a beautiful note. The storyline is very good and well thought out. All in all it is a really good story.
You do, however, have a problem with your sentences. Some are too long; squishing too many ideas into one sentence. Others have a comma where one isn't needed, others have no comma when one is needed, and some have a comma where a semi-colon should be. Commas are the most wonderful, but also the trickiest punctuation to work with, so the mistakes are understandable (and fairly common). If you can get someone to read your story with new eyes (which can spot comma mistakes easier than the writer themself) the mistakes can be gone easily.
Symphonic Rain chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Wow, this is a very well written, chilling story... it was a great read. A few spelling errors and stuff like that, and could be a tad longer, but overall very solid piece. Nice!
FionaBaek chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I really liked your intro sentences, made me feel like I was in the story right away. You have an interesting story going as a whole. You've got the bones of the first chapter here for sure, add a little more meat(personal or scenery detail. Pace it a bit more slowly.) to them and you'll have a nice big juicy chapter for readers to bite into (: Keep writing! (:
zqwongoose chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
I really like this! I think you could very easily make this a longer and more detailed storyline! I like how you managed to fit so much information into a relatively small chapter. You should continue writing! I want to know what happens to Elena! ANd who was the boy?