Reviews for Body of Opinion
Mer3Girl chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
Hey Kath,

I had tears in my eyes as I read this essay. Not out of pity, but out of respect. Your strength to admit your vulnerability, and your ability to take pride in what you do love about yourself. The infamous adage "Beauty is on the inside" is old and tired, so I shall skip that. :P Take pride in your intelligence. The people who do not see the beauty in you are blind and ignorant. Beauty is not symmetrical facial features or the perfect size. It's the soul. I've met attractive people whose personalities were so hideous, I could not look at them. To those who say, like that woman, "At least you have one pretty gir," you say to them: "Fuck off, I'm delicious!"

Everyone has something they don't like about themselves. Love every inch of yourself, because you deserve that self-love. The grass is greener on the other side; I wish I had curves, girl! I'm 5 feet tall and often get mistaken for a fourteen-year-old when I'm actually 22 going on 23. The honesty and humbleness of this essay is beyond beautiful, and I mean that with all my heart, Kath.

Merry Christmas, and take care!

Love,

Victoria
Jesa463 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
I found this story extremely relate-able. I've always been jealous of my younger sister for being more sociable and more attractive than me. I do admit that I can be pretty sometimes. She admits that she isn't too bright, and I'm always described as the smart one. We're both big girls who wear glasses, though, and she's darker than me: olive skin, brown eyes, dark hair. However, in her eyes, I got all the talent, for writing, drawing, and even something she'd be jealous for: singing. She's good, but I've been told I'm better than her. I'm planning on going to university, and she wants to move to another country when she turns 18 and doesn't even know what she wants to do.

Anyways good story, and written in a tasteful way.
Lord of the Fries chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I really love the way you wrote this! It was extremely interesting to read :D It brings a new perspective to something, and you don't overly-victimize yourself like I see so many people do, because you know what your positives are and you aren't "afraid" to admit them.

I like how it's not "They get the advantage and I deserve so much of which i don't have and blah blah blah" but it's "We both have things that make us envy the other, but I'm still human."

I sometimes envy my sister over the things that she has, like the great looks that my parents and friends fawn over (among other things), but then I realize, "Hey, I'm pretty darn awesome too, just a different kind of awesome."

Although this is very personal, you kept it very classy. Nice work :)