Reviews for Once Upon a Cliché
JordaanBoo chapter 22 . 3/11/2018
i wish you would update!
Jo chapter 22 . 12/3/2016
I need a update lol feels like forever
Angel Princess 31 chapter 22 . 10/29/2016
HALE HAS A CRUSH ON EMICA, I JUST KNOW IT.
Shadowswept chapter 22 . 10/29/2016
Yay, I'm your hundredth review!

Well, I really liked everything about this chapter. Emica's interactions with her friends were cute and really spot on. So many stories make teenagers seem jaded, but I remember acting silly with my friends and laughing a lot.

Hale is being all enigmatic, and I'm intrigued with what he's thinking. I loved how you wrote that entire scene with his parents. The way you described them and their mannerisms, their way of speaking, everything. It conveyed so much without being too wordy, because all the words you used were well-chosen. It was the opposite of the earlier scene with her friends, because that scene needed all the extra words and banter to convey the teen atmosphere.

This is another piece to the puzzle that is Hale. Interesting that Hailin is the only girlfriend to meet his parents, and even she wasn't deemed worthy by his mother. Emica showed some very fine manners, and Hale was very protective of her. Picture me tapping my chin like Natalie as I study Hale's behavior. By the way, the dance! I see a dance in Emica's future!

And the music box is back! I'm very excited, because there seems to be a lot to look forward to all of a sudden.
LoveDenied chapter 22 . 10/29/2016
I've enjoyed the chapters thus far, and am eager to see how you end the story. I'm especially curious to find which fellow Emica ends up with, if any. (Sadly, I don't think she'll be with the one I was rooting for since he is very much off limits to her now despite what seems to be mixed signals from him. *Trying not to give any kind of spoilers here.) The only thing I'd like to point out is that, at times, the klutziness and episodes of Em spacing out seem to come a little too often. While those characteristics can be seen as endearing, having them happen too frequently may make her look ditzy. While still innocent and naïve, I don't think your intention is to make her appear ditzy. Keep up the good work!
Valeria730 chapter 21 . 10/25/2016
Love the story u awesome when do you update
Shadowswept chapter 21 . 10/23/2016
Gosh, I was a lot less conflicted when Hailin wasn't in the foreground being all sisterly. It was easier to overlook her feelings when she was drunk or grouchy all the time. That flashback was so poignant too when she was the only one in the family to remember Emica's birthday. Now I feel bad for her, but I also loved the flashback of Hale giving Emica the music box. Gah, I don't know what I want to happen!

Emica's behavior in response to Aiden at the ice cream shop was so cute and funny. He seems to be a great guy, but I can't tell yet if he likes her back. I'm still so torn about her love life.

Very curious about this letter from her mom.
Angel Princess 31 chapter 21 . 10/23/2016
Awwww, the flash back part almost made me cry! :( Poor Emica!

And the scene at the ice cream parlor was hilarious! XP
anonymousvoice chapter 21 . 10/20/2016
I'm a wild rabbit according to pottermore. My boyfriend got a scottish terrier! I didn't even know that was am option for a patronus but i guess anything is.
I really liked this chapter, it was just the heartwarming piece i felt that she meeded :) I can't wait to see where you end up taking it
Starlings chapter 20 . 10/18/2016
I didn't mind this chapter. Hunter was weird, so getting rid of him made me happy. It obvious what he wanted. I'm glad she stood her ground about only wanting friendship. I really really want something to happen between her and aiden!
Cathy Kae chapter 20 . 10/16/2016
I like Aiden for her... I want to murder Hunter right now! He is just so ugh!
Shadowswept chapter 20 . 10/16/2016
I knew it! I never trusted Hunter from the beginning, but I didn't suspect that he was lying about everything. Back in a previous chapter when he told Emica that part of the interview hadn't been recorded, I thought he was lying just to prolong the project and work on seducing her. I don't think that getting rid of him this way was rushed, because I don't think that a guy like Hunter would have all that much patience if it seemed like he wasn't getting anywhere. It all depends how devious you wanted to make him.

I'm so glad Emica had the sense to question the situation and the gumption to talk to Charlotte. I loved her thoughtful scrutiny of the changes in Charlotte and her concern for her former friend. I also love how she told Hunter that she's known Charlotte a lot longer than she's known him. Her physical response to him was also very telling, because it showed that her instinct was to get away from him.

Her response to Hale was completely different, because she has a connection to him that Hunter didn't take the time to establish. Also, it shows that she doesn't just fall for a guy only because he's physically attractive. And she doesn't have a thing for other girls' boyfriends. She likes specific guys. I like how you used this seen to show that she's not just a swoony girl who crushes on attractive guys. She is discerning and more particular about their personalities.

I'm curious about if Hale will find out about this and how he'll react. Or maybe Hailin will find out about it. Also curious about what, if anything, will happen between Emica and Aiden. Her thoughts about that were really cute and realistic to the typical fears of a young teen girl crushing on her friend's brother.

As for me, I am fine and enjoying the weekend. You say you're not happy with what you've written, but I've sure enjoyed reading it.
Shadowswept chapter 3 . 10/12/2016
I forgot all about Nolan since the last time I read this. I also forgot that Hale is a TA in Emica's class. I can really see the character progression from this chapter to later in the story, because Emica is more childish here. I found her endearing and amusing, and I liked how she called Hale by his last name. He is being flirty with her again in this chapter, and I can see a bit of the player in him.
Angel Princess 31 chapter 20 . 10/14/2016
I always knew that Hunter was a jerk in prime form. Gah I hate him. I'm so glad he's gone. Now there isn't anyone to rival Aiden, hahahaha!

Oh wait . . . Hale. Nevermind.

:P

-AP31
anonymousvoice chapter 19 . 10/13/2016
Yes I would like to see Hale's point of view at some point. Maybe if you don't feel it fits correctly with this story you could post it separately as a companion piece.
103 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »